SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carlaloeppky

Lacanche, Combi-steam oven suggestions/advice/opinions please :)

Carla
5 years ago

We are looking at options for our kitchen renovation and I have been scouring this site and anything I can find to make up my mind on appliances! We are pretty set on a 55" Lacanche but I've wavered a bit on which one. Initially we were going to put in a microwave drawer and a wall steam oven but upon lots of reading I am thinking of skipping the microwave altogether and going for a Combi-steam oven in a larger size to compensate for choosing a range with the smaller oven sizes so I can get the warming cupboard. Seems I would be covering pretty much all the bases besides being able to make microwave popcorn? Cutting out the microwave would allow for a bit more storage space which would be great too. We have 3 kids and are a relatively busy household. I am by no means a gourmet chef but I have enjoyed cooking and baking in the past and am quite frustrated with my current kitchen and think I would spend a lot more time honing the art of cooking and baking in a beautiful space. I anticipate preparing meals mainly for my family but neighbourhood kids drop in sometimes and we do host get togethers that would likely become more frequent with a beautiful space :) Any words of wisdom, advice, things you wish you would have considered or done differently? I have gone between several ideas on the Combi-steam oven but because I am new to it I am thinking something that has the preprogramming would be very useful. I would love to be able to cut costs somewhere but I'm not sure this is where to do it?

Comments (5)