SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newbey

Am I crazy or is possible Christmas LED lights are making tree grow?

newbey
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

So I almost killed my Orange tree a few weeks ago due to me not being able to water it and a growth light being on 24/7 for about 3 weeks (amazon plug malfunctioned). The tree dropped all of its leaves and I thought it was almost dead. I still watered it and left it for dead. I decided since it had no leaves to turn on the Christmas lights on it and within a few days as a joke and I noticed the thing started to put flowers (yes in the middle of winter.) So I was like ok...then started to cut the little oranges that would grow into oranges (to re-route energy to green growth) thinking if it was putting flowers then for sure it wasn’t dead. I decided to trim the thing agressively thinking worst thing it can happen is the tree die. Within a week the tree was full of new green growth shooting leaves and branches (don’t know how you call them) everywhere.

Do you think the christmas lights have something to do with it? They are the cheap led kind - blue, green, red - or am I just crazy?

Thing is the tree is growing like mad even way more than it has ever grown on summer even full sun. The growth light I use it only for winter survival practically since its small (Spider Farmer 1000) and I only use it for around 5 hours at night so it can’t be the one making the tree grow.

I know it may sound like exageration but the whole house smell like perfume now from all the flowers it keeps putting everyday.

Comment