SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

New AeroGrow Wtih LED lights.To Grow AV Babies?

PoohBearLvr
6 years ago

Hi. Well I got a new AeroGrow garden for Christmas, a big shock! To add to my collection of 3 old Classic AeroGrows, that I am using as light gardens for my violets, and they are growing like mad, with the old CFL lights. New bulbs, but the old system. This one is the new 'LED Harvest Garden', I got a plain old 'Herb Garden Seed Kit' with it, boring as usual. But before I plant my first garden, I was thinking of planting petunias or Violas, buy the seeds at Lowes, just replace the seeds in the Herb Kit, it is no big deal. And I love the petunias I use to buy from AeroGrow, and I learned how to grow whatever I wanted, on my own.

Well anyway...I was thinking...what about using the LED light garden, to grow African violet babies from leaves? Anyone out there ever try this? They sell a 'Grow Anything Kit', and you can grow cuttings, other seeds they dont offer, and things like tops off tomatos/peppers.

Well...why not African Violet cuttings/leaves/suckers? Perfect light, constant water supply, light fert. or no fert, till babies show up, can put the little clear domes that comes with the kit, for humidity, if I put in small suckers, or lay some clear Saran Wrap lightly over them, and see if babies turn up. I would THINK they would pop up babies super fast!! Am I wrong? What do you all think?

I wanted to ask, if anyone has tried this...more than likely I think it would work great, and would work best on the suckers, off varieties I love. But why not leaves to? So..just putting this out here, to see what you all think, and see if anyone has done this. Hope I get replies soon. I want to get this up and running VERY soon. Either seeds, or violets.

Comments (10)