SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

A VERY Odd Thing With My 'TomaHawk' Violet.

PoohBearLvr
6 years ago

Hi All. My Tomahawk violet just opened a bloom today, its in a 4in pot, very much blooming size, not a baby or plug size. It has 6 bloom stems up, and starting to open flowers. It is in a 4in pot. Not its first set of blooms. So it is 7pm, I JUST looked at it, to see it, (I never had a plain deep red violet, till now). I bought it along with a 'Bob Serbin', red with a white edge. And the Tomahawk bloom is closed! What is going on???

Does THIS cross do this? Is it going to open up in the morning? The bloom isn't soft, or the stem damaged, it is sitting next to one of my AeroGrow light garden, the new type with the LED lights, but not directly under the lights.

I have never had a new violet flower, open up all day, then close the same night. It is like a night blooming cereus, in reverse! Does 'Tomahawk' have 1 day blooms? I just have never seen this happen. Can anyone tell me whats going on? The plant is firm and healthy, all the buds are getting bigger, nothing wrong with the plant or its buds...whats up?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living