SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
harmonyp

Odd things in the Fridge, and Orange Roses with Yellow Reverse

harmonyp
11 years ago

I was driving around Pleasanton yesterday, and took a hard turn into the Rose Pavilion, a boring shopping center, surrounded by hundreds of the most fantastic rose bushes, all the same kind. I MUST find out what rose this is.

No fragrance. Big, approx 5" blooms, bright dark orange (almost as dark as Fragrant Cloud but not quite), with striking yellow reverse. I first thought maybe Folklore, but didn't detect any fragrance. Color contrast more like the photos I see of Leonidas, but these appear to have SUPER high pedal count, and not ruffley edges like the Leonidas photos I see. Help Help - I'm in love.

So, I grabbed a handful of giant bright red hips, put them in a baggy, and brought them home to put in my fridge (yeah, I know the seedlings likely won't look like parents). After which I was then sad, as I had put a baggy very cool old rose hips I gathered a month ago when I had Jury Duty, that I must have accidently thrown out with science experiments from the fruit/veggie drawer. I looked around my poor fridge, mostly vacant of food, and filled with horse semen extenders that had expired as we haven't bred any horses in a few years, and loaded with horse injectables needing refridgeration.

Any ideas on bright orange, big bloom, non-fragrant gorgeous HTs with yellow reverse? And what strange things do you have in your fridge?

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions