SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20096495

Christmas Eve/Day Dinner

User
3 years ago

With the restrictions, nobody will be coming over for Christmas Eve nor Christmas Day. I had planned on cancelling our yearly Christmas at our home either way because of Covid, even if the province hadn't placed family gathering restrictions.

We usually doing finger foods and cheese and crackers Christmas Eve, but with just my husband and I tonight, we are doing bacon wrapped steaks with twice baked potatoes. I picked up a bacon wrapped turkey breast for tomorrow. It's plenty big enough for the two of us.

I really hope you all will be playing it safe and not having company for dinner. Alberta is the US of Canada in that our numbers are crazy high because we have too many people who just don't get how bad this virus is. My co-worker had it last month and lost her sense of smell and isn't sure she will get it back. Couldn't even smell it when a skunk sprayed in her backyard. And she's one of the lucky ones.

I will be dropping off gifts for my kids and grandson. I haven't been inside either of their homes in almost a year. We visit safely outdoors and because it's cold here (we got 18" of snow two days ago), it's going to be a VERY fast visit. LOL

Have a very safe Merry Christmas. I want to wish everyone all the best for 2021. It can't be worse than this year. Can it?

Comments (40)