SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_858971628

Help me pick paint colors!

lynn
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are building a new home and I am in charge of picking paint colours. I'm drowning in information and we cannot afford a professional to pick the colors for us.

It will be an 1.5 storey A-frame home with fireplace. The color that is giving me the most grief is a neutral that will be used in the entryway, great room, kitchen, and hallway as they're all connected.

The great room comes to a point, like this house http://www.eplans.com/house-plans/epl/styles/contemporary-modern-house-designs-and-home-plans/a-frame-house-plans/hwepl12869.html and we will be putting a fireplace there.

That tall wall at it highest point is 20ft tall. The great room and most of the entryway are open to above where we have a loft and a master bedroom.

This room has windows everywhere, the tallest window being 7ft tall at its longest point AND the "point" of the great room is facing south. There is a large window on the west side and a patio door on the east side.

We will have TONS of natural light all day long.

We are using lots of natural wood elements in the flooring, staircase, railings with black metal accents.

Our kitchen will have Natural Alder cabinets and a cooler white quartz countertop with grey swirls, it will be finished off with matte black pulls.

Most furniture we will need to purchase as we currently live in a very tiny home and its time to upgrade so the only piece of furniture that will make it into this living space is a steel grey lazy chair in a soft material. (steel grey but definitely has a blue undertone in our current home with very little natural lighting).

***We want our home to feel cozy, comforting, and inviting. We have never had the space to entertain and we are looking forward to inviting people over when it becomes possible again.

I don't have pictures because the house isn't done yet and there's nothing to show haha I hope someone has some suggestions!

kitchen cabinets

countertops

Comments (24)