SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Favorite sounds (besides music), and ones that you hate

Lars
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Thinking about favorite smells made me think about favorite sounds, and also sounds that I find particularly annoying.

Favorite sounds:

Waterfalls or babbling brooks and fountains

Mockingbird songs

Wind/breezes, especially through trees, but not tornadoes or hurricanes

Rain (which I seldom get to hear)

Ocean waves breaking on the beach

The crackling of a campfire

Electric fan

Cats purring

The worse sounds I can think of:

Dogs barking

Children screaming

Breaking glass

Gunshots

Large crowds at sports, such as football, basketball, baseball, etc.

TV Commercials

High-pitched voices of any kind, especially if they are nasal and shrill

Sportscasters

Leafblowers

Since I have severe tinnitus, I do not like the sound of silence, as I can hear a loud ringing sound in my ears if it is too quiet. I've had this since I was a small child, and so has my father; therefore I think it is hereditary. However, Kevin does not have this.

There are some sounds that I am rather neutral about:

Bells (can be good or bad)

Lawnmowers (depending on whether my lawn is getting mowed or someone else's!)

Bubblewrap being burst; (almost made my worst list)

Woodpeckers

Woodsaws

Comments (62)

• yeonassky
    3 years ago

Love

Baby's and children's laughter

Purring cats

Bird song

The clatter of dishes when the whole family is together.

Cuckoo clocks.

Hate

The doorbell

Loud aggressive arguments and fights

The answering machine when I'm phoning someone

Hearing the words we can't afford it.

Lars thanked yeonassky
  • Elmer J Fudd
    3 years ago

Some of you have such long lists.

I like the sound of waves breaking at the beach but when there, I like the sights and smells better. I have no other particular likes and no dislikes. Unless this counts - I dislike the rain, so any sound that serves as a signal or reminder that's it's raining, is a reminder of that dislike. I don't dislike the sound, I dislike what it is a sound of.

• Related Discussions

Your most hated pest this season (besides Japanese beetles)

Q

Comments (23)
    Oriental beetles. These things - every stinking year - just decimate my daisies and coneflowers, to the point where I'm considering ripping them out. They eat the darn things before they even bloom. They like daylilies too, but with the one-day bloom there is not as much damage done. My coneflowers and daisies look constantly dirty and ratty thanks to these disgusting things. Oh, and they get caught in my hair too. Yuck. Voles are also high on my list, although this year while I have tons more mole tunnels and holes, there has not been as much vole damage. Maybe the voles are finally moving out while the moles are moving in. I can definitely live with mole tunnels in the so-called lawn as long as my plants aren't being eaten from underground! I think Ken is right - the bug population seems to be lower this year than usual. My potatoes are untouched (although perhaps the late planting helped with that), the JB damage was minimal, even though that's not usually a big problem for me anyway, and in general I haven't had too many bug problems this season. :) Dee
    ...See More

trees you hate that aren't the commonly-hated ones?

Q

Comments (54)
    I thoroughly dislike eucalyptus globulus (blue gum) and acacia mearnsii (black wattle), but that's because they were invasive where I grew up and the pollen from the black wattles was horrible. I've seen people try to grow eucalyptus in Raleigh and it's a dismal sight. Even I feel it borders on abusive to take a tree that should be evergreen and magestically tall and have this poor, half dead, stumpy thing dripping bark in your garden. I'm not crazy about the native pines in the southeast US, because they all have prickly pine cones. I can't walk in my back garden in bare feet because of all the cones from the loblollies and long leafs (long leaves? LOL).
    ...See More

favorite working music while canning.

Q

Comments (14)
    Along with canning, I bake for my local farmers' market each week, so I practically live in the kitchen. I used to watch/listen to Food Network in there. But I recently invested in a cheap little DVD player, and now I can watch movies while I do my food projects. Of course, right now, I am working my way through all the seasons of 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer.' I'm up to the beginning of Season Six. It sounds like a strange choice for a cooking soundtrack, but it works for me! --Gina Here is a link that might be useful: Lindsey's Luscious
    ...See More

Am I the only one watching Sound of Music?

Q

Comments (13)
    No Glenda. It's on broadcast ABC. That's Channel 7 WXYZ here. Yeah, Judy. Wizard of Oz, too. Wish I had that video also. Phyllis, that's really exciting. Wish I were there with you all. Sadly, I heard the youngsters later said she was not very nice to them. No elaboration though. Hey, anything that works, Patti. hahaha I wonder what happened to the Von Trapp new generation children. I heard they began performing but that's all I heard. Just read my original post. Tisk. Tisk. Was too busy trying to watch the movie to type. That's my lame story and I'm stickin' to it!
    ...See More
  • bpath
    3 years ago

I forgot two more: wild ducks quacking, and sandhill cranes overhead. That is suuuuch a cool sound.

Elmer, I’m so torn on rain. If I know it’s not going to make trouble, like flood or leak, I like the sound.

Lars thanked bpath
  • caflowerluver
    3 years ago

I like and dislike most of sounds others have listed. My most favorite are birds singing except for crows. I can't stand crows. I love wind rustling leaves in the trees.

I feel sorry for barking dogs. They do it because they are either lonely or untrained. I am more angry at the owner than dog.

• Ninapearl
    3 years ago

love:

coyotes

nice wind chimes

owls

song birds

rip snortin' thunderstorms

my grandfather clock

contented snoring from my dogs

my all-time favorite is listening to my 4 year old grandson tell me the names of every match box car he has and listening to him reading a book makes me melt!

dislike:

dogs barking for hours on end

tornado sirens

politicians speaking

loud cars

breaking glass

Lars thanked Ninapearl
  • nickel_kg
    3 years ago

Some "likes" not mentioned -- cows mooing in the field (normal mooing that is; I hate hearing any animal scared or in pain.) Train whistles.

I used to dislike hearing babies crying and fussing. But after having raised one of my own, I mostly feel relief that it's not "my" problem to deal with, so a loud baby doesn't bother me (unless there is indication that the responsible adult is abusive.)

Lars thanked nickel_kg
  • orchidrain
    3 years ago

I love.....birds chirping

laughter

church bells

Violins

Dislike....

Crying babies

Sudden loud noises

Ambulances

One of my likes, believe it or not...hearing someone in the neighborhood using a power tool. I have an incredible urge to go investigate....who's building something?

Lars thanked orchidrain
  • Elizabeth
    3 years ago

Waves crashing on the shore, leave rustling on the trees, loons calling on the lake, a lone wolf howling in the distance. ( Although it makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. It gives me such a primal reaction. Quite chilling in person.)

I dislike noise for the sake of making noise. Wind chimes, noisemakers, firecrackers

Lars thanked Elizabeth
  • Fun2BHere
    3 years ago

In general, I like quiet. Any sound annoys me if it goes on for too long. The sounds that bother me the most are dogs incessantly barking, paper tearing, talking heads yapping and crows cawing. Why can't they make a dentist's drill that is not so shrill or why don't they provide ear plugs to muffle it?

Lars thanked Fun2BHere
  • maifleur03
    3 years ago

I have no idea when it started but my tinnitus sounds like sitting beside a pond or swamp listening to the small creatures singing. I like it and although I know if it went away I could probably hear things clearer I hope it does not.

I don't like certain sounds of anger in peoples voices nor the sound of a grinder being used to sharpen knives.

Lars thanked maifleur03
  • stacey_mb
    3 years ago

I love hearing children laughing; a children's choir; lawnmowers (as long as it's not me); the sound of crunchy leaves underfoot; rain; thunderstorms and perhaps oddly, the dishwasher. I feel lulled by the sound although it's not as satisfyingly loud as our older one! lol!

I dislike the sound of children crying; leaf blowers; TV noise, especially commercials (why are so many louder than the programs); loud motorcycle or car mufflers (can be heard a mile away); voices raised in anger.

Lars thanked stacey_mb
  • nickel_kg
    3 years ago

I like the sound of a dog lapping up water -- surprisingly loud in the middle of the night. I loved the "thwap ... thwap ... thwap..." of our dog Roxy's tail as she wagged it ... beating faster and faster against the house or floor or whatever, as she became more excited. Another good sound: the pitter patter of little feet, be they two feet or four paws. Oh and owls calling in the night.

• skibby (zone 4 Vermont)
    3 years ago

Like - peepers, cicadas, thunder

Don't like - loud cars, ums, upspeak

• HU-753479426
    3 years ago

I love: the sound of a crackling fire, rain on the roof, waves on the beach, the foghorn in the bay, laughter. Mostly, I love the sound of silence.

I dislike: houseguests who want to talk first thing in the morning, screaming children, the noises of basketball games, someone eating crunchy food when everything else is quiet, cheap styrofoam coolers with squeaky lids, opera, heavy metal and rap. My late FIL used to hum under his breath constantly and it drove me wild. Whistling would do that, too.

seagrass

Lars thanked HU-753479426
  • Lukki Irish
    3 years ago

Sounds I love, birds singing, my dog‘s snoring, the dense quiet after a snowfall, children playing, the sound of a waterfall. I love listening to my DD & SIL have one of their funny conversations where they are mostly giggling. I always loved the sound of my husbands voice.

Sounds I hate, the dogs nonstop barking across the way, the smoke alarm, sirens, the crackling of plastic wrap while in a movie theater (especially when it’s from someone who’s sitting behind me), women yelling from the top of their lungs at their kids in the store, I don’t hate the sound of a honking horn but the rude inpatience of some people drives me batty, I hate the sound of drug commercials, the speed of which they ramble off all the ways a drug can hurt or kill you sends me over the edge. I have to turn it OFF.

Lars thanked Lukki Irish
  • amylou321
    3 years ago

I like the sound of rain and a crackling fire. I like the bossy meows the feral cats i feed yell at me when they are demanding food.

I like silence as well, though i also like background noise. I often have some sort of podcast or audiobook that i have heard a thousand times playing while i am at work, I am not necessarily listening, but i like the noise of it.

I used to love the sound of Sammys nails clipping against the floor when he was coming down the hall. I miss that dog so much.

I like the sound of snow underfoot, though its not something I hear a lot.

I hate screeching of any sort. I really hate the type of screeching that is completely ignored by the jaded mothers responsible for the child making the noise.

I can't watch any sort of debate or argument, because I really really cannot stand people talking at the same time or talking over each other. It drives me nuts.

I HATE eating noises. Excessive eating noises actually. There is NO NEED to SMACK SMACK SMACK. I swear people do that on purpose just to be obnoxious. I work with someone who, with EVERY bite of food goes "MMMM." Every bite. No one wants to hear you try to make a baby with that burger hon. Nothing taste that good. Knock it off.

Lars thanked amylou321
  • peacockbleau
    3 years ago

The trains do not stop in our town anymore, but they still would blow the horn or whistle when they passed. The high ups in town decided to ask the company to make it a "Quiet Zone." I miss those sounds. They were present all my life. I felt comfort in the sound as something that never would change. But it did.

Lars thanked peacockbleau
  • bragu_DSM 5
    3 years ago

I like it when you encounter a lake or pond which has just frozen over. You skip a rock across the surface, which yields a most interesting sound.

Lars thanked bragu_DSM 5
  • User
    3 years ago

Couple more dislikes:-

Snoring.

Someone blowing their nose.

Lars thanked User
  • lily316
    3 years ago

Love: rain on the windows, the sound of my koi pond waterfall, birds singing, cats purring, ocean waves, train whistle from miles away.

Hate: gunshots, motorcycles, leaf blowers, barking dogs, screaming kids.

Lars thanked lily316
  • Olychick
    3 years ago

One of my favorite sounds is the first Swainson's Thrush I hear in the late spring. It's just a magical, melodious song coming from a bird you seldom see, but is hanging out in the background.

I love the sound of snow falling.

I also love the sound of a cat purring.

The sound of my grandson giggling in his sleep, or laughing uncontrollably at Calvin and Hobbes is another delight.

#1 irritating sounds for me, hands down, is barking dogs. Well below that but still annoying are leaf blowers, (I live in the forest and people build houses out here, blacktop 1/4 mile long driveway, then spend 20 hours a week trying to keep leaves off of it. Multiply that by the 20 houses I'm in hearing distance of....ugh!)

I have a neighbor who runs a chipper/shredder for recreation, so he's on the list, too. Oh, and personal watercraft like jet-skis are like giant mosquitos, out of control and ruining any pleasure one can get from the peaceful nature of being on the beach.

A sound that is annoying because it's so terrifying sounding and yet fascinating and wonderful because it's a rare treat to share your space with wildlife, is the sound of foxes claiming their territory, or searching for a mate or whatever it is they do at 4 a.m. that sounds like they are being eviscerated! And it goes on sometimes for hours and hours, with them screaming at other foxes far in the distance.

eta: I forgot sportscasters talking. They have a whole different way of speaking than other news people. There is an urgency in their voices that makes me feel really anxious

Lars thanked Olychick
  • User
    3 years ago

This one might divide the room:-

I love it when someone farts accidentally in a formal situation.

Come to think of it, I have very fond memories of my Nan doing this in pretty much any situation and always saying ‘Oh dear’ or ‘Oh I say!’ if it was extra loud.

Lars thanked User
  • User
    3 years ago

Owww, one more I used to love, my guinea pigs little ‘wheeks’ or whistles, especially up close when my son used to sit them on my shoulder.

Lars thanked User
  • foodonastump
    3 years ago

Ha, maddiemo, as I’ve been reading this thread that’s what I’ve been thinking to say! I’ve been around more than a half century and they’re still hysterical to me.

I wish I could like the sound of rain. But I’ve got multiple house issues that I can’t seem to resolve, so it exacerbates my hypertension.

Love the sound of snow under my snowboard. Don’t love the sound of ice.

Love the sound of a ship in the distance. Don’t love the sound of jet skis and small boats circling around endlessly.

Love the sound of muscle cars. Tuner cars, not so much.

Love the sound of helicopters. Drones irritate me.

Lars thanked foodonastump
  • Marilyn Sue McClintock
    3 years ago

Things I dislike hearing are,

High wind with storms

Loud music from a car

Target practice near my home

Loud vehicles of all kinds

Crying baby, that you can't pacify

Things I like to hear

Sounds of foxes

Wrens

Happy hens

Sounds from horses

Little girls squealing with happiness

Alyssa calling me Grandma Tater after I have called her Sweet Tater

Lars thanked Marilyn Sue McClintock
  • aok27502
    3 years ago

I love the sound of wind in our sails. Literally, the boat has left the slip, we are out in the water, sails go up and engine goes off. Just the sound of the water on the hull and air moving past. Anhhh.

My dislikes are the same as e everyone else.

Lars thanked aok27502
  • ladypat1
    3 years ago

I love to listen to my parakeets twittering, The sound of the first Harleys on a nice spring day, that sound is so identifiable. .Hearing a Friday nite football game, the crowd, the music. Hearing those little glass windchimes from the 1950's

The only really horrible sound I can think of is the phone ringing in the middle of the night. As you might have guessed, all sounds listed have to do with memories, not just a sound.

Lars thanked ladypat1
  • aok27502
    3 years ago

I thought of another one: marching bands. I love to hear them. We used to live close enough to a high school to hear them practicing after school.

Lars thanked aok27502
  • Elizabeth
    3 years ago

I hate the sound of action movies. I don't watch them but others have them on the TV and the gunfire, car chases, explosions and the mandatory woman screaming hysterically.....all get on my nerves.

Lars thanked Elizabeth
  • arkansas girl
    3 years ago

I love the sound of all bird noises and other sounds of nature.

I hate the loud sounds that people make like screeching and crying kids when I'm at a restaurant or in my backyard trying to enjoy nature and I hear the kids at live in the apartments behind our house being obnoxious! I cannot stand to hear someone's extremely loud music that apparently they think that everyone wants to hear, I mean who doesn't love loud rap music with every other word is profanity...right!? UGH! Or the beloved death/speed/thrash(that screaming and yelling type) metal "music", gads! I especially hate the sound of chainsaws when someone is cutting down a large beautiful oak tree that's probably a couple hundred years old...makes me want to cry! I wince when I hear a loud motorcycle or a car that has a loud exhaust. Annoyed when someone lets their dog bark for hours on end...mostly annoyed at the people that allow this to happen. I also do not like to hear wind chimes. I could go on....

Lars thanked arkansas girl
  • Michele
    3 years ago

I love the sounds animals make when they’re communicating. With each other or with us. Unless it’s distress of course.

I love hearing my baby grandson (all babies) practice vocalization. All the “bababa, gagaga, mamama” the squeals and giggles. I act the fool for him to hear one of those. Children talking and laughing is a very sweet sound.

I love the sounds of different languages or accents when speaking a different language.

As for snoring I used to dislike it very much. Now, I find it can lull me to sleep. I started thinking about what it would be like to not hear it beside me after a friend lost her husband. Ever since, it’s a comfort.

I live in the city. The hum sound doesn’t bother me. I can tune it out or hear it. That can be a weird kind of comforting sound. “The city that never sleeps” even during tough times. People deliberately being annoying is different. Loud mufflers and honking.

If I’m in the country, I don’t want to be near a busy road. Then, I find it bothers me.

One sound I really dislike is the sound of someone handling styrofoam.

I love the sound of church bells, thunder, waves, the wind (except when at the beach).

Lars thanked Michele
  • Ninapearl
    3 years ago

i don't know how i could have forgotten tree frogs. i just love the sound of tree frogs!!

Lars thanked Ninapearl
  • Elizabeth
    3 years ago

I love a big thunderstorm. I find the sounds and flashes of lightning exhilarating.

Lars thanked Elizabeth
  • Lars
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I used to have tree frog in my yard in Venice. I caught them as tadpoles in Malibu Creek while hiking, and I had brought a jar to carry them in and then put in my pond. I didn't know what they were at the time, but after they became frogs, they moved into the orange tree next to my pond and started making loud noises, even at night. My neighbor asked me if I had gotten a dog, and I had to tell him about the tiny frogs. It was difficult to believe that such a tiny frog could be so loud. Eventually, the left, or died, but they did not leave offspring. If they had laid eggs in my pond, the goldfish would have eaten them.

I'm with you on disliking the sounds of action movies. We have surround sound with some large speakers, and the noises from the movies can be quite disturbing. It would be different if I wanted to watch the movies, but I don't.

• blfenton
    3 years ago

The sound of a rain storm on the roof when I'm snug in my bed. Unfortunately that always leads me to thinking of those without a home and then hoping that they are staying dry.

cats purring and babies giggling.

Dislikes

I only have one huge dislike and that's wind chimes. Cannot stand listening to windchimes, they are an affront on my ears.

Some have mentioned children screaming or having a temper tantrum, it doesn't bother me because it's no longer my noise to deal with.

Lars thanked blfenton
  • moosemac
    3 years ago

Generally I like the sounds of nature i.e. rain, babbling brooks, wavw crashing, birds singing, bullfrogs croaking, etc. Also love the sound of my grandson's laugh, and the crackle of a wood fire.

I detest the sounds of the city i.e. traffic, sirens, people yelling, buses, etc.

There are two nature sounds that make my hair stand on end, the scream of a Fisher Cat and the scream of a fox. They sound like human screams and always scare me out of a sound sleep.

The sound of gunshots is commonplace here between the hunters and the neighbors target practicing. Most of the time I don't even internalize it unless they are shooting muzzle loaders which are very loud.

I am also not a fan of the train whistle. The train crossing is about 2 miles from my house but every morning at 3:30 AM, they blow the whistle. It is loud. During the day I don't mind it but in the wee hoours of the morning it is annoying as we sleep with our windows open most of the time.

Lars thanked moosemac
  • sal 60 Hanzlik
    3 years ago

rain I like and grinding I don't.

Lars thanked sal 60 Hanzlik
  • jrb451
    3 years ago

Water - bubbling, crashing, dripping, falling, lapping, raining, etc. as long as it’s outside.

Birds - cawing, chirping, gobbling, hooting, singing, tweeting, whip-poor-willing & whistling

Hates

The sound of a chimney fire (I’ve experienced 3), roaring wind, a Tornado siren and the the eerie silence that sometimes accompanies the former two.

Loud music blaring from boats on the lake

Lars thanked jrb451
  • amicus
    3 years ago

I'll preface this by saying I love many 'nature' sounds that others have listed, so will just write ones I think are not already mentioned.

Sounds I enjoy:

- the sound of horses moving, whether they are galloping on a dirt path, or clip clopping along a cobblestone road, as you'd hear in an old city.

-the sound of swords clanging together in movies, or at Medieval Times.

-the sound of a woman's high heels walking on a marble floor. The sound of tap dancing.

- this one will sound weird, but here goes. I like the sound of the spent casings coming out of a machine gun or automatic weapon. It's not the the louder sound of the shots being fired that I like, only the metallic clang of the empty casings when they leave the cartridge and land. I've happily only heard this sound in movies, and am strictly attracted to the sound, not the arms themselves!

- the sound of church bells and windchimes if they are not the high pitched tinkling ones. My neighbours have one that sounds like low tone Corinthian wind chimes, and I love hearing it when I'm sitting on my back patio. https://www.urbannaturestore.ca/corinthian-bells-65-quot-windchime-6-tubes/

- the clack clack sound of typing on an old school manual typewriter.

- the sound of an old fashioned metal cigarette lighter being flicked, (although I've never had a cigarette in my life, lol)

Sounds I Hate:

- the sound of people slurping or chewing loudly.

- the sound of nails on a blackboard or on corrugated cardboard

-the sound of high pitched static you might hear, when you call a number no longer in service

Wow, It oddly just occurred to me that most of the enjoyable sounds I listed....a horses shoes on cobblestones, dueling swords, tap shoes, metal bullet casings when they land, church bells and windchimes, typewriter keys being used and metal cigarette lighters, seem to involve the sound of some form of metal touching another surface. Weird!

Lars thanked amicus
  • wildchild2x2
    3 years ago

Since I have hyperacusis along with my hearing loss I love the sound of silence.

• Michele
    3 years ago

Amicus, you’ve got good ones. The only one I don’t know is the spent casing drop sound. I don’t watch action or army movies and thankfully have never heard it IRL.

All the metal sounds reminded me of one.

My father was a chef. When we had company he would cook. I remember the sound of him sharpening knives with the sharpening steel. There was a rhythm to it. What a great sound it was! It also meant a wonderful feast was in the making.

Lars thanked Michele
  • samkarenorkaren
    3 years ago

Love...

My cat purring, rain hitting awning, thunder, birds in the morning

Hate...

Vibration hum from neighbors ceiling fan, whistle from bathroom shower, children screaming for no reason, snoring, tv commercials, talk show guests interrupting, people using slang when talking

Lars thanked samkarenorkaren
  • caflowerluver
    3 years ago

It just hit me last night how much I hate snoring - at least from my DH. I don't mind my dog's snoring but she is halfway across the bedroom on the floor in her dog bed, not right next to my ear. Thankful it is not every night, only when he is congested.

• samkarenorkaren
    3 years ago

LOL ...ask Aunt Linda how much I hate wind chimes

• lucillle
    3 years ago

ask Aunt Linda how much I hate wind chimes

I love good quality wind chimes and have a collection of six. But I understand we are all different, I keep mine indoors and brush past one when I feel like hearing it.

Lars thanked lucillle
  • Rusty
    3 years ago

Love the sound of distant, rolling thunder.

Rain.

Most wind chimes, especially the tuned, deep toned ones. And some lightly tinkling glass ones.

Babies' happy giggles.

Owls hooting late at night, especially if the coyotes are howling at the same time.

Train whistles in the distance. The 'old timey' whistles when trains were coal powered and the whistles were steam. The current ones, not so much.

My most hated sound many would call music, but I call it horrendous, torturous screeching, bagpipes. Closely followed by electronic music boxes, especially those greeting cards that start screeching when you open them.

Children, or anyone for that matter, being excessively loud in a restaurant.

Sirens blaring from all the 'official' cars at the beginning of a parade.

High pitched voices.

I also have Tinnitus, and have lost a lot of my hearing. But I do not like to have any 'background' noise going on all day, I prefer quiet. TV, radio, music, etc., is on only when there is something I want to watch or listen to. I like quiet! Constant sound wear me out!

Rusty

Lars thanked Rusty
  • lisa_fla
    3 years ago

Likes-

a crackling fire

the song of an approaching ice cream truck

trickling outdoor water fountains

The hum from hair dryers from the 60’s we wore that looked like a large shower cap and blew heat on your head

seagulls

carnival ride sounds

champagne cork popping

popcorn popping on the stove

my number being called at the DMV

Dislikes-

the sound my printer makes when it’s jammed

phones with a shrill ring

I know it’s been said multiple times but-screaming kids!

automatic phone robots-telemarketing or not getting a person when you call a company

sirens-always means something bad somewhere

a tire suddenly going flat

Lars thanked lisa_fla
  • nicole___
    3 years ago

Lars ....I agree with YOUR list....here's one I'd like to add: Hate this laugh. My neighbor who used to be a doctor, then became a hospital administrator....laughs like this....VERY LOUDLY. ☺ I can hear him a block away when he's at another neighbors house. I can only imagine what that sounded like echoing in a hospital.

Lars thanked nicole___
  • bleusblue2
    3 years ago

I can't bear it when I'm talking with someone on the phone and they are eating. I can hear. It goes right through me. It turns out that this is a kind of -- syndrome -- I don't remember where i read it but somebody studied it. It doesn't bother everybody. I seldom hear people chewing in person, maybe my hearing? I can't say that I notice. When I hear that on the phone, I'll say, "Are you eating?" and leave it at that. Nobody gets it though.

Lars thanked bleusblue2
Sponsored
Maruca Design / Build
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Exceptional Residential Design and Remodeling Services in Fairfax