SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
margeetx

Planning minor remodel of small bathroom

margeetx
3 years ago

First of all,,hubby and I are both retired! And are 69. We are on a limited budiet. This is a small bathroom off the master bedroom. We need the walls and ceilings repainted. The floor tile must be replaced ( undoing a botched job that lovely son did years ago.) House was built in 1986....and we had wall to wall carpet in both full baths. We have already replaced the tile around the tub/ shower a few years ago...had to because of a leak. So we prefer to leave as is. We both like it.

the vanity is fine....real wood, with 2 sinks and some kind of fake looking marble top. I hate it. So, thinking about getting a new vanity top with only one sink on left side. Have a large storage cabinet high over the commode which doesn’t really accommodate towel storage. I want to have the cabinets all sanded, painted, with new hardware. Need new faucets for tub and sink. If budget allows, would like to replace the aging toilet, with newer higher one; will need new mirror . Hubby has replaced the overhead light fixtures with 2 can lights, with LED bulbs...he is semi handy. There has never been a place to hang towels so we have been using an over the door hanging rack. Right now, I have small racks on the wall beside each sink for hand towels. Has one small window.

ideally, if we were wealthy I would pull the tub out, and replace with shower. I love this house except for the smallest bathroom being off the master bedroom. The other bathroom in the hall is twice as large as this one! House design with this arrangement is nuts. I have no clue as far as colors. I love the light kacky, and Williamsburg blue trim that I have used in the foyer, large great room. Changed kitchen several years ago...painted wood cabinets white, white subway tile backsplash, and soffit was the blue. New darker blue,black good formica, that looks like granite. I know....I put lipstick on a pig, but it turned out beautiful. The backsplash has a narrow blue (1/4”) trim around the top. I even have the unthinkable mixture of white ( fridge and dishwasher ), and black stovetop and double oven in black. Floor tile is white with grey grout. This is our forever home, so I have used my limited ability to make the changes so far.

Any ideas for us old folks? I would love to “ win a remodeling job, paid for!!! “ I know, that ain’t gonna happen! But, I can wish...that’s free,right?

Comments (2)