Maine Grains Gristmill expansion

agmss15

This business has been a wonderful addition to the region where I live. Both in Skowhegan (the town where the gristmill is located) and supporting grain growing state wide. And constant experimenting to see which heirloom grains will do well in this climate.

Their sifted whole wheat flour is my favorite. Usually I mix it with King Arthur for budgetary reasons.

https://www.centralmaine.com/2020/10/15/maine-grains-takes-innovative-leap-to-expand-in-downtown-skowhegan/?fbclid=IwAR1pFxTeWBKtXbj3FDESUXWOLDe_bWx43VoEp9Y-HuqawkEkbvhHP8zXjJY

SaveComment2Like1
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)

So nice to see that they are doing well. I saw the NYTimes article back in July.

Back in March, a few texting groups, friends and co-workers, started sharing local, regional, and US companies we all liked to help fill our pantries. So important to support those making a difference. We have available more seed, grain, vegetable and fruit varieties than ever before.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annie1992

agmss, I like their business model, keep it local, add jobs and diversity in the products they supply. I'll try to remember to keep track of their progress and final result, that should be an interesting place.

Annie

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: From Overgrown Weeds to Picturesque Farmhouse Expanse
This once-neglected 100-acre South Carolina site now features a lake, a wood-filled farmhouse and a far-reaching view
Full Story
Room of the Day Room of the Day: A Maine Guest Cottage Steeped in Charm
Once offering eggs for sale, this little guesthouse now offers a serene experience in a refined rustic setting
Full Story
Industrial Style Houzz Tour: Going Against the Grain in a Missouri Silo
See how a creative couple turned a metal grain bin into a most unusual container for living
Full Story
Fitzgerald Home Furnishings has everything for your home's interior - all under one roof! We have quality... Read More