I think we may need a cookalong for 2ManyDiversions

l pinkmountain

I think we may need to have a cook-a-long in honor of 2ManyDiversions. Last one I had was for Sharon/Canarybird. What is one of your favorite of 2MD's recipes? I have been so long off the board and cooking mostly hash stuff, but I want to try her flatbread cracker recipe and maybe do a fun tapas meal in her honor. One with too many good things to eat that we can't possibly finish it all and we are reminded of her for days with the leftovers. And days and days and days . . .

SaveComment8Like
Comments (8)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jasdip

All summer long I make her Peach salsa recipe. I just adore it and am addicted to it.

Save    
Sooz

Ice cream!

Save    
foodonastump

I’d probably look back through her SV adventures.

Jasdip - No success with a quick search. Could you link to or post that recipe?

Save    
Jasdip

I've been noodling around on past threads, and seeing her vivaciousness, humour, love for cooking and love for us brings tears to my eyes every single time.

FOAS, I also thought about her SV adventures. She's hilarious.

I found the Peach Salsa recipe, and with credit to Sooz, she was the first one who posted it. 2MD made it, and I saw it on 2MD's post.

It's absolutely fabulous! I never have jalapenos on hand, so I use some red pepper flakes for heat.

Peach Salsa:

Ingredients

• 1/2 lb tomatoes diced
  • 1/2 bell pepper 4 oz, seeded and finely diced
  • 1/2 jalapeno seeded and finely diced (optional)
  • 1/2 medium red onion finely diced
  • ¾ lbs (1/2 lb + ¼ lb) peaches diced
  • handful bunch cilantro/parsley chopped
  • 1-2 Tbsp lime juice
  • 1 tsp salt or to taste
  • 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper or to taste

I did not use any jalapeno, just a dash of red pepper seasoning. I'm a big baby! Also, I've read you can use canned peaches if fresh are not available.

Directions:

1) Chop tomatoes and transfer them to a large bowl.

2) Finely chop seeded bell pepper and jalapeños. Finely chop onion and transfer all your veggies to the bowl.

3) Dice the peaches. I liked the slightly larger dice for peaches to give them more of the center stage in this salsa. No need to peel them. You won't notice the peels and the color is prettier with the peel on. Transfer peaches to your bowl.

4) Add 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro/parsley, 2 Tbsp lime juice, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Add more salt and pepper to taste if desired. Fold everything together until well mixed and enjoy!

(This is actually better if allowed to meld for an hour)

Keep covered in fridge. Will keep no longer than 2 days.

1 Like Save    
shirl36

2 Many’s first Canadian Bacon link. She became interested in Canadian Bacon making from this forum. With Annie’s92 expertise she took it on. She posted beautiful pictures as usual. Several years ago I/We we begin to make Canadian Bacon in the fall from this forum also, I could understand her interest.

Such a beautiful flare with words she had.

2 Likes Save    
Lars

She posted some good salad recipes here.

I think she also posted a lot on "What's For Dinner," but I generally do not open those threads because I feel that I do not have anything to contribute, since I rarely photograph my dinners. Here's one she started.

1 Like Save    
l pinkmountain

That salsa reminds me of another wonderful CF member we lost to cancer. Can't remember her screen name but her real name was Janet and she also fell to that DAMN cancer!! (Lpink breaks her "no swearing online" rule). Janet was a peach and a pearl and so was 2MD. Sure makes sense that you would call the place in the afterlife where you could hang with such folks "heaven."

Save    
l pinkmountain

This may have to wait for me. I am still futzing around with the tomato harvest. Does it count that we had dinner on the porch which was fresh from the garden tomato sauce over pasta with shrimp, and I wished I could post it on "What's for Dinner" in her honor. . . I have lost my enthusiasm for taking food photos for the most part so don't post there, plus I think I gain weight just perusing it. . . We were going to grill with appetizers and wine, but I ended up inviting my Dad over and that takes a lot of energy just managing his issues. It was probably one of our last warm days and we had dinner al fresco. Will raise a glass to 2MD when hubs and I are feeling more relaxed . . .

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Fun Houzz Everything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
Storage 2 Weeks + $2,000 = 1 Savvy Storage Shed
This homeowner took backyard storage and modern style into his own hands, building a shed with reclaimed redwood and ingenuity
Full Story
Designing a Business 2 Key Questions Designers Should Ask About Building Their Skills
A design coach provides a framework for thinking about which education and credentialing options make the most sense
Full Story