Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Need help with apricotty non-jam

1 hour ago

I've been thinking of pumpkin stuff and was contemplating pumpkin season, and thinking on pumpkin marmalade, but thinking of yuzu maybe, if it shows up early enough, but I'm also thinking it might not be worth it, but kumquat is too particular.... And then I remembered a jar of some kind of apricot stuff I made awhile back for a dish I don't remember. It has a dense jammy feel and bright, intense apricot flavor. The texture, however is a little like stucco. I'm guessing it was made from semi-dry apricots. I only remember the fact of making it, not the details.


I think, in moderation, it would go well, in small amounts, with roasted pumpkin. The pumpkin will need the brightness and sugar. But....it will need to be smoothe, not bumpy. Any suggestions on how to achieve this? Do I add hot water and immersion blender? Boil it down? It's maybe a pint, perhaps less, so not much to experiment on... Any ideas?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH