SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
webuser_33853202

Backordered GE Cafe appliances?

Lindy Triebes
last year

I ordered the GE Cafe matte white appliance set on 7/18. I'm doing a gut renovation of my kitchen and designed it around my appliances. My range is waiting at the warehouse and I have the microwave (with hardware in the wrong finish), but I still have no ETA for the fridge and dishwasher. Demo is starting Oct 6 and I have no idea if these appliances will even arrive before 2021. My appliance shop cant give me an ETA, and GE is deferring to my appliance shop. Anyone have a similar situation? If so, what was the turnaround time from your order to delivery date?

Comments (1.5K)

• Joseph
    12 days ago

@Cherie I thought that too, but there never seemed to be any kind of pattern. It seems totally random.

On the model number tag:

Possible model/serial locations

Bottom of control panel, visible from below when oven door is open

Behind the door, on the front frame. (Double-Oven Ranges: Behind the door of the LOWER oven, on the front frame)

See here for an image: https://www.cafeappliances.com/support/model-serial-finder#slide-inrange

• D R
    12 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

shajohn GREAT to hear you got a double oven induction range delivered - this was the first time GE did not change our delivery date of the same model and they are quoting me by end of October so HOPING it comes in the next few weeks. I'm just glad to hear the induction ranges are being delivered SOMEWHERE as that means they are actually producing them. We ordered ours Dec 2020. The "loaner" electric smooth top we have temporarily in right now is not really doing our new kitchen justice!

• Related Discussions

New rebates on GE, GE Profile and GE Cafe appliances

Q

Comments (0)
    For anyone who is thinking about these, I got an email the other day about new rebates through 11/1/09. You can also enter several contests through the website as well. Here is a link that might be useful: GE Rebates
    ...See More

GE Cafe Handles on non-Cafe appliances?

Q

Comments (21)
    I was looking at the same. You can get the installation instructions for their handles from their website. For example, the dishwasher handle instructions are here: https://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&Name=31-2000163-2.pdf The handles attach to knobs that are already on the appliances so sadly it would not be possible to just attach them to a panel ready dishwasher (or refrigerator). I'm sure some smart person could come up with a similar knob and make a fortune selling them to us! :)
    ...See More

Kitchenaid mix with GE cafe appliances

Q

Comments (8)
    I don't know how much difference there is between models of KitchenAid refrigerators. We have a 42" french door side by side - it is a huge piece of junk! It has the poorest interior design you can imagine, and really no way to re-arrange it. The interior parts feel cheap, and do not operate or fit well. Almost 10K, and it's awful! Totally on me - I had had a new Whirlpool a few years earlier (different house) that I loved. I thought KA was a step up, so I didn't research or study it like I should have. Just want to warn others to look closely!
    ...See More

GE Cafe Appliances back ordered?

Q

Comments (1)
    Sandra, there's a big thread about this down page that you didn't see, evidently. Come join us! Misery loves company ;) https://www.houzz.com/discussions/6003543/backordered-ge-cafe-appliances#n=577
    ...See More
  • Vignesh Kumar
    12 days ago

I tried calling GE directly for my order (Double Oven Induction). They said they cant say anything, not even an estimate. He didnt even bother asking when I ordered the appliance. This is annoying as hell.

• mahyaj
    12 days ago

@cherie very nice kitchen! Can I ask if the hood is prefab or it’s something that contractor should build?!

• Joseph
    12 days ago

@Vignesh Kumar, You ordered it a year ago and you STILL don't even have an estimate?! What's the model number?

• Vignesh Kumar
    11 days ago
    last modified: 11 days ago

@Joseph CHS950P2MS1 .-- The Stainless Steel Double Oven induction range + . I ordered it from Percy's appliances here in Massachusetts.

• Cherie
    11 days ago

@mahyaj https://hoodsly.com/ I couldn’t have been happier with their product or customer service!! Highly recommend!

• Joseph
    11 days ago

@Cherie Your hood looks great!!

• Joseph
    11 days ago

@Vignesh Kumar That range is assembled in Lafayette, Georgia, so you're about a thousand miles away. Just a word of caution, that particular model has had issues with the control board failing often. I wonder if that could be the reason GE wouldn't even give you an ETA.

• Vignesh Kumar
    11 days ago

@Joseph What do that mean? Are they fixing the source of the issue? Are they designing better control board?

Why would distance matter. Do they not deliver first come first serve basis?

That is the only Induction that is also double oven on the market. Nothing comes close. My wife was very particular abt Induction and double oven.

• jimct01
    11 days ago

Cherie .

congrats on getting yours so quickly . i like your kitchen, The stainless steel models seem to arrive much more qucikly than the other finsishes. But as i have read, the manufactures given the limitations are concentrating on producing the mass market models which are the stainless, kindof goving us with the other finishes waiting patiently . But i did get my stove. Some day my fridge wil,show up. here is mine

• Cherie
    11 days ago

@jimct01 Yeah, unfortunately it does seem like most people are waiting on the white. Though they did say it would be another year for my stainless dual fuel single oven. The smaller appliance store i started at has since put up a sign warning it could take a year to receive the Cafe appliances.

Your kitchen is nice, i do love that matte white! i really hope you get the rest of your pieces soon!!

• Joseph
    11 days ago

@Vignesh Kumar, They should re-design the control board when it has issues like that. However, when I looked up the parts listing, it doesn't show a revised control board. If there are a lot of problems that could cause a shortage of that control board, which could one of the reasons GE can't give you a date. On the other hand, if they are in the process of revising the control board, that could also delay production. That is to say, they don't want to put a defective control board in the range, so they suspended production. Since GE wouldn't even give you an estimated date, I doubt they'll tell you what's causing the delay. (I hope that makes some sense?)

You would think that they would deliver on a first-come first-served basis, but judging from all these comments, it doesn't seem to be the case. I believe that a computer sends the appliances to the most cost-effective route or to the place with the most outstanding orders. If they were sending them on a first-come first-served basis, you wouldn't see someone get a range in a few months, while you have been waiting for a year.

I know what you mean. Most brands have limited their product lines in order to keep up production. GE/Haier actually expanded their product line, which only adds to the production backlog.

• Vignesh Kumar
    11 days ago

Appreciate your inputs @joseph. The problem i have is... the guy i spoke to... didnt even ask my name forget product model that was in back-order. lol

I guess i got lucky and spoke to a lemon in GE customer care... Let me try again today and see where I go. Is there a better way to get some good answers from GE rep? My Percys rep isnt any help either.

• Cherie
    11 days ago

@Vignesh Kumar you can call 1-800-432-2737. They were able to tell me the current status of the product I was waiting for, but not the status considering I'd already ordered the item. So not real sure how helpful they will be, but it's the GE manufacturer # Home Depot gave me.

• Vignesh Kumar
    11 days ago

@Cherie I see your post below... another YEAR???? WTF... they are sitting on interest free cash... they should pay us all interest

• Cherie
    11 days ago

@Vignesh Kumar i ended up cancelling that order and ordering a range through Home Depot which i got 3 weeks later!

• Vignesh Kumar
    11 days ago

@Cherie May be i should do the same... this is getting ridiculous... i understand the supplychain issues... but prioritizing a some stores over others? Shouldnt it be first in first out?

• Cherie
    11 days ago

@Vignesh Kumar For what its worth i did order a slightly different range from HD. Just searched for what they showed in stock.

• Vignesh Kumar
    11 days ago

@Cherie makes sense.

@Joseph @Cherie -- is there a tracking # that GE needs to track specfically our item? I spoke to a GE rep... she said this model has almost no backorder at all... which is weird... or may be im confusing it... may be backorder does not mean the same thing as production delays... either ways she asked for a tracking #. My Percy's guy keep talking about his buying group and how he doesnt get where my order is on that list. He said his buying group has abt 116 of these on order.

Im confused.

• Joseph
    11 days ago

@Vignesh Kumar "[A]lmost no backorder at all" sounds like a pretty odd thing to say, unless she was comparing it to the number of backordered units for some other higher demand ranges?

I'm not sure about the tracking number. What I would ask is if that model currently in production, because a few other people said that GE let them order ranges that weren't even scheduled to be produced for months after their original delivery date! It is ridiculous.

• James Smith
    10 days ago

Ordered a 30" duel fuel range in Feb 2021. After several pushed dates we got notification that it is in. Kicker is we have to wait for a kitchen reno to get done. Glad we didn't cancel and try to reorder; the price back in February was about 15% to 20% less than now.

• Cherie
    10 days ago

@James Smith Hey that’s great, congrats! I ordered the same thing at the same time and was recently told it wouldnt be in until September of next year. Im not sure i really believe that now. And you’re right, i think i paid about $400 more, but I was at a point (6 months without any range) that i didn’t care!

• Kelly Soetens
    10 days ago

I ordered back in February of 2021. my gas range was delivered damaged and i have yet to receive any of my other kitchen appliances. they are saying December now but I’m thinking its going to be more like January 2022. Really hope it is worth the wait!! i designed my kitchen around these appliances so my hands are tied.

• N P
    10 days ago

Following up - my SS dual oven induction range was just delivered and works/looks great! Again, for what it's worth, keep talking with your supplier - I ordered direct with GE over the summer, and when I called they said it was at the warehouse and would schedule a delivery - who knows when they would have reached out if I hadn't called. Hope you all get your appliances soon - our Miele DW is also recently back in stock (supposedly), so I'm hoping the supply chain issues are sorting themselves out a bit better than earlier this year.

• dmw618
    10 days ago

I ordered a Cafe 36” dual fuel gas range in March of this year and was informed today by my sales rep ETA is now March 2022.

• Emily Omohundro
    10 days ago

@dmw618 Are you wanting a Matte White version? I don't know where you are located, but we have one for sale, still in the box, that we ended up not needing because we changed our kitchen plan due to the shipping delay.

• dmw618
    10 days ago

I ordered the stainless steel but thank you for inquiring!

• Allison Huebert
    7 days ago
    last modified: 7 days ago

@Emily Omohundro can you send me an email to allison huebert at gmail? Would be interested in purchasing your matte white.

• D R
    7 days ago

Just called to get an update on my Double Oven Stainless Induction Range that was ordered 12/31/2020....now been pushed back from late October to late November/early December. Just keeps pushing back. Really disappointed as it looks like people who ordered after me are receiving their appliances...located in Denver FWIW

• secilys
    6 days ago

@Emily Omohundro I would be interested in buying it if it is still for sale and the right size. email secilys at gmail.

• secilys
    6 days ago

@Emily Omohundro I would be interested in buying it if it is still for sale and the right size. email secilys at gmail

• Susan Barrett
    5 days ago

GE (the lovely guys at Darryl Flood here in Dallas) just delivered our cooktop!! CGP95362MS1. GE customer service couldn't tell me last week when this was going to happen. Ordered 5/15/21. So happy and sending good vibes to everyone else waiting. Hang in there!

• julie_sveinsson
    2 days ago

I ordered the cafe series frig dishwasher oven and microwave in the matte black April 14 2021. I’m just now getting these items installed. the fridge came in a little damaged as the handles inside during shipping got loose and banged it in a bit. The microwave came in so damaged that the installers left it at the warehouse so now waiting to get a new one. I heard they don’t package the appliances very well and items come in very damaged

• HU-471852847
    2 days ago

Ordered the Matte white double gas range, dishwasher and fridge in dec 2020. In May, the range arrived and in June they delivered the dishwasher. Turns out they sent us the stainless steel dishwasher. Updatres delivery for the fridge is now mid-december (year after placing the order and payinh for it) and the updated delivery for the dishwasher is now Feb 2022. The most frustrating part is they wont pick up the incorrect dishwasher until the deliver the coffect one. We ordered throught GE directly and the costumer service has been beyond frustrating

• bambuhiphop
    2 days ago

Home Depot came through for us again. Ordered the French Door oven 3 weeks ago with a delivery date of today (10/23) and sure enough we have an oven.

• Ddelightful
    2 days ago

i wish i had an update. still waiting for our dishwasher and 48inch range. called our warehouse and were told they still dont have an estimated date as those two items have been the hardest to get. coming up in January we’ve been waiting a year -_-

• Sherri Hueser
    yesterday

Ordered my cafe fridge and range Dec 2020. Got my fridge in April. Range was supposed to be here Oct. 21. Nope. I caved and went and bought a temporary stove. I wonder if I will have it before Christmas. I have my doubts. Is it on a container ship stuxk in port??? What a mess.

• OMar R.
    yesterday

UPDATE: T Minus 4 days untill 1 year since we ordered and paid for our Café ENERGY STAR ® 23.1 Cu. Ft. Smart Counter-Depth French-Door Refrigerator, CWE23SP4MW2.

There has been no confirmed / locked date by GE since they ordered it. Basically tentative, every month.

Tomorrow, I’m trying to order from HOME DEPOT. I really hope they come through.

-Beyond Frustrated-WTF

• OMar R.
    yesterday

CT, USA based order

• Joseph
    yesterday

@OMar R. Does Home Depot's website say that you can order it from your zip code? That model seems to always be out of stock (not even to allow you to backorder it).

• Joseph
    yesterday

@OMar R. I doubt this is right, but here's what I saw on Home Depot's website....

• B Kayla
    22 hours ago

Hi everyone,

We initially ordered our matte black Cafe appliances from Canadian Appliance Source in Ontario back in January 2021. The frenchdoor fridge came by April (we were told at the time of purchase that this would be the most delayed appliance of our lot) and the dishwasher came in July. As for the 36” range… Same as most of the posts here. It would just keep getting delayed every couple weeks with the same excuse of ”we are at the mercy of the manufacturer and we have no updates”. When we purchased our appliances in January, we were given no indication that anything would be on backorder. THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL… Our range is scheduled for delivery as of this Tuesday and our kitchen reno will FINALLY be complete. Here’s to hoping that you all get your appliances in the very near future!

• B Kayla
    22 hours ago

One more thing - for those of you who have a delivery date of Dec 2023, call your store and make sure that the appliance you ordered is still being manufactured. This happened to us with the range and it turns out that GE is no longer making that exact model - they have a newer one they released. After plenty of arguing and refusing to pay a cent more than my initial purchase price, CAS finally agreed to swap the two models otherwise I could have been waiting for something that doesn’t exist anymore!

• Emily Casey
    20 hours ago

@b kayla what range had you ordered that was discontinued?

• Jasmine K
    20 hours ago

Hi Kayla, congrats on completing your kitchen Reno’s! We are still waiting on our appliances that seem to get pushed our indefinitely since April 2021. Anyway I am glad to hear someone in Ontario is getting deliveries.

• B Kayla
    20 hours ago

@Emily Casey The inital one we ordered was CGY366P3MD1 which was replaced by CGY366P3TD1. CAS did not even tell us that it was discontinued until I called after seeing that absurd delivery date! Terrible service all around…

@Jasmine K Hoping this means things are coming in for Canadians! It has been stressful to say the least when you plan your kitchen asthetic in relation to the appliances.

• Jasmine K
    19 hours ago

Exactly, it is quite frustrating to have a brand new kitchen with missing appliances. All we ask is for the manufacturer to stick to their latest ETA after their 6th update :S so we don’t get our hopes up and then get disappointed again.

• dcorbitt
    11 hours ago

So glad to hear appliances are starting to get delivered in Ontario. I too ordered my matte black induction range from the Canadian Appliance Store back in April 2021. Latest eta is now Dec 16 2021. Based on comments in this thread I called GE to see if the model we ordered (CCHS950P3MD1) is still even in production. They told me it still is but they aren’t ramping up production again on this model until December so I’m not hopeful that I’ll see anything on Dec 16th.