SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yz00

Please help me with decision on range or rangetop+wall oven!

yz00
2 years ago

I am really confused now regarding if we should do a range instead of rangetop+wall oven. We have already had a rangetop which is a commercial style and only one year old. If we change to a range, the cost is gonna be around $3000 considering all the changes we have to make in the kitchen. We pretty much decided on a rangetop+wall oven earlier. But I got lost now.

Here is the layout of our kitchen( picture 1,2, and 3).

If I do a range, I probably will have CAFE 36" range. (picture 4 and 5)

Do you feel the wall oven gives more luxury and high end feel to the house?

I really like the idea of more storage in the main cooking area. If we change to a range, we will put the build in wall microwave in the island on the side close to refrigerator, so we will lose quite a bit of storage in the main cooking area. We can still have enough storage, but not as roomy as before.

But by doing a range, we will do two 33" pantry on both sides of the refrigerator, so we can have a cleaner and balanced look of the refrigerator wall. Now it is kind of unbalanced and heavy on the right of that wall because it is a little too much of stainless steel in the middle and on the right.

Another thing is that if we do wall oven, it is in the walkway to the patio door, and it is a little far from the cooking area. If we need to transfer food from the cooktop to the wall oven, it is a bit inconvenient. But I don't know how many times I need to do that! We don't use oven that often, at least not everyday.

Other than that, there are pros and cons for wall oven and range, like we have to bend over using the oven on a range, at the same time the wall oven is at your eye level making it very convenient to use, even for checking how food is cooking.

I am totally lost now. I appreciate your help for me to make this decision! Thank you!

Comments (28)