SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_620502708

please help with making better use of the new space

I am so impressed with all the ideas you came up with for the Kitchen design dilemma that I thought I would ask for help. I am basically adding 14 and 17 feet to the back of my house and moving the garage forward about 22 feet. The original area is the front bedroom office and bathroom. Every thing else is going to be gutted and added on. So my problem is the wasted space that I have beyond the living space where the garage door opens into the home and a back door opens into the laundry room and stairs. (I am putting a bed, bath and living space above the garage that I can rent out or my BF can move into for as long as she is able to navigate the stairs.

So while I have added a little storage in the space across from the powder room it still feels like there is too much wasted. I am also trying to keep the plumbing close together as I have been told that it would be more cost effective to do it that way. I need to have a door from the added back bedroom into the open space to access the main house.

I have already purchased the panoramic doors for the living room and master bedroom that is being added so they are not negotiable because I want to have the back of the house open to my big backyard. The kitchen space is a set space although things can be moved around. The dinning table is shown as it would be with the leafs in the table but it will normally only be set to seat 6. The pantry can be larger but not smaller, again not negotiable. I have a list of what I can and cannot live with :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

Emily Towner

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths