What is Cooking or Baking Lately?
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (216)
Related Discussions
what's the name for those 'take and bake' cooking facilities
Comments (10)I wasn't sure where in Minnesota you lived. So here is some links of what I found in the whole state. Good Luck! http://www.chefspace.com/ http://www.dinnerdr.com/ http://www.dinnertonight.biz/ http://www.homeappetitdinners.com/ http://www.letsdish.net/ http://www.mixitupmeals.com/ http://www.mydinnerparty.net/ http://www.simplytothetable.com/ http://www.socialegourmet.com/ Here is website that list others all over. http://www.easymealprep.com/main/direct01.php...See MoreWhat Are You Cooking or Baking for The Weekend?
Comments (30)I've had the urge for an Apple Crostata, and Empires and Cortlands are my favourite apples. Boy I wish I lived closer to you Alsisande, your apples look wonderful. I'm in apple country, but they're still pricey. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get some regardless. Nicole, I always put molasses in my bran muffins. It also calls for buttermilk, and I combine yogurt and milk to make buttermilk. It works perfectly, as we always have yogurt in the frig. I didn't do any baking this weekend, I made bread last weekend and we still have some. But I have chicken thighs that were marinated in lemon juice, garlic and lemon zest. They're in the oven over rice, baking now....See MoreWhat's Cooking - Late August
Comments (21)Walnut, hope you like it! FWIW I marinated mine 6hrs. To me, it was the perfect strength. I made a rice that I just love, from TJ's (I cook it in 50/50 veg stock and homemade chicken stock). I also served it with a salad my youngest "invented". Rough chop raw baby spinach and tart red apple (with skin; i like Pink Lady). Use a lot of apple (maybe 1.5c apple and 1.5c spinach) and squeeze a soupcon of lemon over the apple. Saute sliced almonds in salted butter until light brown. Use a lot of almonds, maybe 1/2 cup, and a good T or so of butter. When the almonds are done, pour the almonds and melted butter (most of it will be absorbed by the almonds) over the spinach/apple mixture. Toss and serve immediately. We eat this all the time and love it. I guess in a way, the butter and lemon are like oil and vinegar and that is why it works? I like salads very lightly dressed anyway... I used to make a marinated flank steak served in lettuce cups with matchstick mango and apple; that was good too!...See MoreWhat do you bake and cook in the Miele Combi oven?
Comments (6)It's a great sous-vide appliance. Of course, I could use a countertop water-bath. But frequently, the CSO is much easier to set up, and faster to start. Also, if I don't need to season whatever I'm cooking, the CSO can actually cook sous-vide without having to pack the food into a vacuum bag. That makes things even less work for me. So, I find, half the time, I'm just using my CSO as a really good sous-vide machine. But I have also used it to cook a whole goose much faster than I have ever seen it roast before. I have used it to make perfectly cooked green beans, carrots and asparagus. Of course I can do that on a stove as well; but it's less effort in the CSO and comes out perfectly done each and every time. Just a great labor saver. I use it to cook fresh pasta too. Again, it's just a good way to cook automatically while working on other dishes on the stove. Works wonders for proofing yeast dough. I have never before had an oven that regulated low temperatures as precisely. Makes the best Kaiserschmarrn ever. And doesn't even take any effort to do so. The precise moisture control really helps for this dish. Does double duty as a good warming drawer, and can reheat food very gently. Overall, it's super versatile. Some things are almost impossible to do any other way. Others are just so much easier on a CSO, which gives me more time to do other dishes....See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen Design: Baking Stations Make Cooking More Fun
Get inspired to cook (and simplify holiday prep) with a dedicated space for baking
Full Story
ROOM OF THE DAYFewer Walls Give This Family More Space to Cook, Bake and Craft
A designer works with Massachusetts homeowners to create an open floor plan for their dining room, kitchen and mudroom
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN10 Cozy Kitchens to Inspire Fall Cooking, Baking and Dreaming
These inviting kitchens may give you the urge to bake — or to start dreaming up a cozy kitchen of your own
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNA Cook’s 6 Tips for Buying Kitchen Appliances
An avid home chef answers tricky questions about choosing the right oven, stovetop, vent hood and more
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Great Gifts for Kids Who Cook
Set a young chef's imagination to simmer with 20 toys for baking, grilling and playing in the kitchen
Full Story
KITCHEN MAKEOVERSThis Extra-Large Island Has a Built-In Baking Station
To get more kitchen space, a Connecticut family transforms an attached garage into a room that really cooks
Full Story
HOUZZ CALLHome Cooks: Show Us What You Love About Your Kitchen
What’s your recipe for the perfect cooking- and baking-friendly kitchen?
Full Story
LIFEInviting Kids Into the Kitchen: Suggestions for Nurturing Cooks
Imagine a day when your child whips up dinner instead of complaining about it. You can make it happen with this wisdom
Full Story
FLOWERSBest Cutting-Garden Beauties for Late Summer
Pick blooms bursting with color or in classic white for bouquets to give away or keep all to yourself
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNHouzz Call: What’s Cooking in Your Kitchen?
Most of us turn to recipes, videos and culinary shows when we cook. Where do you set your cookbook, tablet or TV screen?
Full Story





Rosie