SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_slamm

New packaging at the Grocery store

agmss15
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Last week I went to the local garden center and stocked up on supplies for my myself and my mother and asked my nephew to pick the bulkier items. He couldn’t go for a few days and when he went the store gave him the entire order again. All of it was stuff I could use so I decided to keep it. I had to go in a pay for it so decided to do my grocery shopping as well. Now back at ground zero as far as exposure.

I haven’t been to the grocery store in over three weeks. Still lots of stuff missing. No TP or paper towels. There was hand sanitizer and at a not unobscene price.

Decent produce - I only bought onions, sweet potatoes, garlic, radishes, oranges and ginger. I have green stuff growing at home.

I did find limited pasta and dried beans and stocked up. And a large can of Olive Oil.

Mostly though I noticed familiar items in new packaging. Butter was in 1 pound blocks - in plastic wrapped wax paper and not a box. The plain greek yogurt I buy was in a different colored tub - it took me several moments to find it. I think there were some crackers and such in different boxes. Has anyone else noticed this? There were also oddly packaged items that maybe I would normally see in a highway rest stop store or maybe a pharmacy. Smaller overpriced packages. A lot more like an odd lot store.

It was the first time I had been to the store where they had reorganized the entrance/exit and put traffic flow arrows on the floor. There were two employees stationed at the doors sanitizing carts.

I also had to go to Walmart to get phone cards. There nothing much had changed other than the occasional customer with a mask. The customers seemed much less respectful of the distancing guidelines.

My last microgreen harvest - thanks again Sleevendog for the inspiration

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Kohlmark Flach Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Kohlmark Flach Architects: Enriching Lives Through Purposeful Design