SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texas_gem

Panic Buying..."it's not me"

Texas_Gem
4 years ago

As a follow up to the thread I posted almost 2 weeks ago about panic buying.
We all know it's happening, we all see it happening, and we all are convinced it is others, and not ourselves and our own actions, that are causing this problem. Truth be told though, we are ALL responsible in at least some tiny way.
My area just announced a shelter in place order on Monday and...as to be expected, there was once again pandemonium and chaos at the stores (so I've been told, I haven't witnessed it myself yet)
I was visiting with my brother tonight and he was talking about the t.p. shortage and how stupid all these idiots were and...how he saw this coming weeks ago so he told his wife, "hey, whenever you go to the store, you should just grab a 4 pack of toilet paper" and how glad he is because now all these "other" idiots have caused the stores to not have any on its shelves.
I managed to bite my tongue and NOT point out that his "buying a package everytime they are at the store" IS panic buying and, indeed DOES contribute to the chaos going on right now.
I will fully admit that I too, have done a bit of "panic buying" even though I should know better.
I went to the store for a few items, saw all the empty or almost empty shelves, all the signs saying "limit 2" and I started thinking about what I had in my stores at home.
Pinto beans weren't on my list but they were right next to the tomato sauce that WAS on my list. I saw they only had a few cans left so I went ahead and grabbed one.
It wasn't on my list. It WASN'T on my LIST!!!
I wasn't OUT of pinto beans, I just saw that it might be difficult to get them when I WAS out and...hey they had a few left so...might as well get some!!
What about you? Come on, fess up, what stupid panic buy did you make?

Comments (71)