SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladynimue

Found out we are moving to Denver - in a bit of a panic!

ladynimue
16 years ago

My husband has accepted a new job in Denver and is leaving in just 6 weeks. I'm excited and happy about the move - except that we're in the middle of so much right now!

The kitchen and bath are both in the midst of partial remodels and so many things will have to be changed now. There's the time crunch issue plus now we have to consider new buyers versus what we ourselves wanted.

And then I feel like I've just begun getting this house the way I like it - paint, furnishings, etc. But still not at the 'finished' point. It's a little sad for me that my own vision won't be coming to fruition plus I'll have to figure out how to finish with a buyers point of view (staging, I guess?).

Well, I could go on and on....but oh dear, 6 weeks to finish painting, installing kitchen cabs & counters, replace toilet and floor in the master bath, spring clean the yards, do some serious packing and decluttering. Yikes!

I hope over the next few weeks you all will help me get my rooms in shape with an eye towards new buyers. We live in a good market but still, I don't want to leave things half finished! I think I'll need a lot of help keeping things realistic (versus all this time I've spent planning how WE want things).

ps - anyone live in Denver that can offer an opinion on which area to look for a new home? New job is downtown on 16th st. mall, so we have lots of options for where we can live. Good schools are #1 consideration for us.

Comments (37)