SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jperiod

We've closed and moved!

jperiod
16 years ago

Our old house closed last week with barely a blink. And we closed later that day on the new house. The move wasn't quite as smooth, and I still am only living with 4 plates (haven't found the others), but we are absolutely tickled with our new house, quirks and all! And I'm so very very thankful to be "sold" in this market! God does give out happy endings, after all! ;+)

Thanks to all who've hoped, worried, and wrung their hands with me!

Things I learned from this forum, but didn't do, and I should have, so please learn from my mistakes!!

1. Sellers had a tiny dog and a dog run with over run grass with enough poop to cover the entire 7 years they lived here. I SHOULD have made cleaning this part of my initial offer, but I felt a bit silly with the lowball offer I made. I mentioned to their realtor during the inspection and he made it sound like they would, BUT they DIDN'T!! Cleaning that up was the grossest thing I've ever done (and I'm a mother!!), we weedwacked and mowed and then showered since we felt like we were covered in "poop dust."

2. I waited to have my walk thru on day of closing because sellers weren't out and cleaned up yet, however, that was pointless because docs had been signed, loan was recorded, and money was wired ALL BY TIME I had the walk thru, so I had no recoarse with the poop farm. I SHOULD have done the walk thru the day before, even if they weren't finished so I could write down my very important things and hold money in escrow. Bad me.

But hey, for the steal we got, I'm still happy, poop and all! LOL

Wishing fast sales and high selling prices for the rest of you owners out there!

Julie

Comments (6)