SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolssis

We've been robbed, dog harrassed, and mail stolen

carolssis
20 years ago

We bought our house a year and a half ago. We were broken into in Nov. and all jewelry stolen. The dog can't go out in the yard and stay, someone has been throwing rocks, balls etc, at her and she won't stay out like she used to. Now our mail has been stolen. We have an insurance claim in, new security, new dog door, and locking mailbox. I tried to talk to neighbors, they are scared to even talk outside where they may be overheard by someone behind a wall, who can't be seen. It seems that our neighbors are willing to put up with being terrorized by the kids here. I don't understand why. Haven't we all worked to have the things we have? Aren't we entitled to enjoy our homes without fear of being terrorized? These are children! They are apparently willing to let the kids do whatever they can get away with! I don't understand it. I was told that two families have sold out and moved on because of being terrorized like we have been. Another family sold out and moved because they made accusations against the neighbors son, next door, who was prosecuted and jailed. They were not allowed to live in peace after the trial and moved. How sad that the victim is the one to leave. Has anyone else ever been in such a situation? I was thinking we could re-vive the neighborhood watch group, but I see now that it's not going to happen if the people here are too afraid to speak to one another openly. The police tell me that I'm on my own as far as catching them, I don't know who they are, where they live and have no proof of what crimes they are guilty of. I know that my house was broken into, have a suspect in mind, no proof. I know that my dog has been abused, have no suspects, and no proof. I know my mail was stolen, no suspects, no proof. And no way to get any information. I was at work when all these things happened, and no idea who did them, except for the break in. Any ideas from anyone? Any law enforcement people out there?

Comments (10)