SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bengardening

whats for dinner tonight.

bengardening
4 years ago

I didn't want to hijack Rob's post about prunes. Tonight I made prunes and noodles for dinner. I haven't made them for a few years. My DM used to make them quite often during lent. I even made homemade noodles. For the recipe you take dried prunes and raisins and cover them with water and cook them until they are soft or rehydrated. I don't know if mom sweetened them or not, but I added some sugar to it and the recipe I found on the internet said to thicken it a little with cornstarch. I did that too. I don't know if Mom did or not, but I don't think so. Mom also didn't make croutons for over it either, but according to the internet recipe they did so I made homemade croutons for on it. Then I cooked the noodles, when they were done I fried a few of them in the cast iron skillet because that's what my Mom did. That was out favorite part. I grew up with 9 brothers and sisters and only one of my sisters didn't like it. She was the only one who never ate what was put on the table. It brought back such good memories. Did anyone else ever eat this

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!