Can You Contact Someone on Facebook or Twitter for Me?
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (43)
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Discussions
Contacting someone from your past...sort of
Comments (38)The only male relatives I have are my husband (almost 70), my brother....who is in his 80's and my nephew, who is in his 50's and married. (Oh, and I have a son-in-law, who is around 40 years old). I don't expect any of them to have a sexual attraction towards Carol Christmas. I mean, we may be kind of "out there"...I am a possum rehabber and that is kind of strange, but making anyone feel sexually uncomfortable would be the fartherest thing from any of our minds....of that, I am sure. I think my nephew would like to have some family. His mother and siblings are all dead. She is likely, his full sister. I would caution him (and will caution him) if this proceeds, to go very slowly and let her take the lead on this. She may never want anything to do with any of us, and that is understandable. She might well resent any intrusion in her life....and I understand that completely. My life is very quiet. I would not be open to a bunch of drama, myself. I will see if I can find an adoption group to join. If for no other reason than to get feedback on what they think about this. If I go to any meetings, I will take my nephew. I'd invite my brother along, but he is getting kind of feeble. The very last thing I want to do is cause anyone any discomfort or make them feel uneasy. Just because she is a blood relative, does not mean that her life experiences haven't made her entirely different from any of us and she may have nothing in common with us, and no interest in us whatsoever. I am not at all a pushy person. I don't want my "idle curiosity" to be a source of trauma or pain or the slightest bit of problem for anyone. I would like to give her some info on family health issues....which really aren't many....we are all very healthy....and I can give her pictures of her birth mother. I can fill in any gaps she may have, but I would want her to know that she is under no obligation to include me (or us) in any part of her family. When I was growing up, my grandmother (father's mother) lived next door to us. My mother never got along with her mother in law, and from what I understand, the worst insult anyone could say in our family was "you are just like Grandma Stout"....who really was known to be a rather mean old lady. I remember when I was about 9 years old, going over there to play with a couple of cousins and when it was time to eat lunch, she made me go home. When I came back, after lunch, I had left my stick horse there, and my grandmother had thrown it on her burn pile and was setting it on fire. I tried to pull it out of the fire and she hit me with her cane. Anyway, I really looked up to one of my cousins....mainly because I loved horses and she knew a lot about horses....although neither of us had a horse. Anyway, I was not allowed to play with her, and the last time I saw her was in 1957, at my grandmother's funeral. I found her on Facebook and I very reluctantly sent her a friend request and message. I was afraid she would want nothing to do with me, because our families didn't get along. However, I was pleasantly surprised...and we have become good friends and we often joke about how shocked our folks would be that we have become good friends....See MoreCan someone tell me the author of this 3 book series?
Comments (3)The series has grown since then-what fun you'll have this winter catching up! Irene (pronounced Eye-REE-nee) Adler, opera star and sleuth in 19th Century France, is featured in: Good Night, Mr. Holmes (1990) Good Morning, Irene (1990) APA The Adventuress Irene at Large (1992) Another Scandal in Bohemia (1994) APA Irene's Last Waltz Chapel Noir (2001) Castle Rouge (2002) Femme Fatale (2003) Spider Dance (2004) written by Carole Nelson Douglas...See MoreExplain twitter to me....
Comments (27)Yes, Linelle. That's the general idea. In terms of @ and #... @ is used in front of Twitter (or Instagram) usernames in your posts when you want the person to be alerted that you posted a message with their specific name. # is used when you want your Twitter (or Instagram) post to come up in a search. So... if you follow someone who's Twitter name is veganrules, and you post a tweet about enjoying one of their recipes, you would tweet something like: What a great weeknight recipe from @veganrules! Thank you for the inspiration! This tweet would go to veganrules, who would have the option of retweeting or replying to it for its accolades. And your other followers could click on the "@veganrules" link in your tweet and see veganrules' Twitter home page (if it's public). If you take the same tweet above and use a hashtag, it might look like this: What a great weeknight recipe from @veganrules! Thank you for the inspiration! #veganrecipes #vegandiet #veganinspiration Then, your tweet would accomplish everything above with the "@" and also would show up if anyone does a general search for "veganrecipes" "vegandiet" or "veganinspiration" The @ will bring your followers to the direct source. The hashtag will be part of any sort of general search using those search words. Here's more to explain (and these apply to Instagram, too): @ in Twitter Hashtags...See MoreHEY HOUZZ!!!!!! STUPID PAGE GLITCHED AND I CAN'T CONTACT YOU.
Comments (1)Annnnnd it just did it again. If I post without photos in the original post it goes through. When I go back to add photos it gets stuck. I can't load photos in a comment either. ETA - WTH Houzz, two out of the six photos showed up and now they're gone. Finally worked....See More- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
Related Stories

THE POLITE HOUSEThe Polite House: What Can I Do About My Neighbors’ Trash Cans?
If you’re tired of staring at unsightly garbage way before pickup day, it’s time to have some tough conversations
Full Story
MOST POPULAR9 Real Ways You Can Help After a House Fire
Suggestions from someone who lost her home to fire — and experienced the staggering generosity of community
Full Story
DISASTER PREP & RECOVERY7 Ways to Help Someone Hit by a Hurricane
The best things you can do in the wake of devastation are sometimes the most surprising
Full Story
COFFEE WITH AN ARCHITECTWhat My Kids Have Taught Me About Working From Home
Candy and Legos aren't the only things certain small people have brought to my architecture business
Full Story
MOST POPULARDecorating 101: How Much Is This Going to Cost Me?
Learn what you might spend on DIY decorating, plus where it’s good to splurge or scrimp
Full Story
WORKING WITH PROSInside Houzz: How to Contact a Home Pro and Get Your Project Going
When you're ready to begin that remodeling project or landscape design, here's how to contact a pro on Houzz and get started
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES10 Look-at-Me Ways to Show Off Your Collectibles
Give your prized objects center stage with a dramatic whole-wall display or a creative shelf arrangement
Full Story
LATEST NEWS FOR PROFESSIONALSAwkward: When Clients Contact You After Hours
Get tips on setting boundaries to address dinnertime calls, weekend pings and midnight texts
Full Story
THE ART OF ARCHITECTUREOutside In: You, Me and Nature, Cozy Together
From reclaimed tree trunks to soaring coastal views, designers and homeowners are finding ways to bring the inspiring outdoors inside
Full Story
LAUNDRY ROOMSThe Cure for Houzz Envy: Laundry Room Touches Anyone Can Do
Make fluffing and folding more enjoyable by borrowing these ideas from beautifully designed laundry rooms
Full Story
Elmer J Fudd