SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniesspam

Bathroom remodel - best way to make shower bigger?

Annie
4 years ago

Hi all - I am looking to remodel the master bathroom in our condo. It's not super large and it's sort of long and narrow so the shape is somewhat limiting. You enter the bathroom through a door next to the bathtub. Turning the corner, you can see that there are vanities on the left, a tub on the right, and then a toilet and shower behind a pocket door. The shower is SO SMALL. It makes showering very claustrophobic (probably made even worse by the fact that there's no where to set toiletries other than a rack over the shower head, and all the stuff tends to constantly fall out of that rack and onto my head). I really want a bigger shower. I also really like having the toilet behind a pocket door but don't care if the shower remains behind the door.

But I'm not sure the best way to make the shower bigger. I assume the easiest thing to do would be to put a shower over the tub, but I am wondering if there are other things we could do. Maybe take the tub out and just put a shower where it is? How bad will it hit resale values if this condo doesn't have a tub?

Comments (6)