SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emily_halphen84

What should I do with this brick fireplace?

Emily B
9 days ago

We just started renovations on this 60s ranch home and I'm trying to get a vision for the main living area. I just finished painting the wood paneling in SW Alabaster and I am loving how much it has brightened up the space but here are a few other things we plan to do to bring it all together:

- Paint the ceiling trim the same color as the walls to give the illusion of a taller ceiling

- light to medium toned hardwood, LVP, or laminate flooring - The floor you see in the photo is what was there before, we are in the process of pulling it up.

- add can lights and rework the ugly double ceiling fan situation (open to suggestions on that)

- refinish built ins to compliment whatever floor we choose

We also hope to one day raise the ceiling and get rid of the ceiling tiles, but that's just not in the budget right now.

The only thing I am stumped on is what to do with the fireplace. I usually love the contrast and texture that brick brings to an interior, but there is just something about this brick that I do not like at all. I want the brick to still look like brick so I'd like to avoid painting it if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals