SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holiday555

Please help me with my kitchen layout

holiday555
4 years ago

I am redoing a corner of my kitchen where things are a little odd. Mainly, the fridge is in an old closet and in the hallway into the room (so the door is blocked when it's open). It's also behind where we sit, so it's tight. Lastly, the closet it's in is small and limiting size/I need more freezer specifically.

Here is the current state of the area I am redoing (a cabinet on left and the fridge on the right are all coming out, as is the drywall between and above, up to the edge of the fridge trim on the right - the area behind that wall where the doorbell is has to stay as is).

I'm thinking of putting a 30" Sub Zero fridge column where the cabinet is (hinge on right), and then a 18" freezer column where the fridge is (hinge on right), and then an approx 17" wide pantry cabinet to the right of the fridge. The entire area (the wall comes down) will be cabinetry to the ceiling, all built in with integrated and paneled fridge and freezer.

Am I crazy? Is this weird?

For reference, here is the layout I'm proposing.

Also, some pictures of what I imagine in terms or it's built in look and the staggered depth effect:

Any feedback is welcome!

Comments (10)