SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
benita_carvalho

Please, help me plan my kitchen layout.

Jade BR
7 years ago

I posted before but someone said my sketch was hard to see, so after spending the whole afternoon on sketch room I hope it is more understandable now... I am not really computer savvy:(

We are planing a full remodel, moving gas and water plumbing, moving walls, raising widows - so sink, stove, fridge placement are not defined yet and that is what I need help with.

I also want a walk in pantry where I will put my stacked washer/dryer and keep small appliances such as bread maker, electric griller, ice cream maker and the like. I also would like to keep my baking tools and dry goods in this pantry. Ideally, I also would keep my cleaning supplies there, including brooms and hand help vacuum.

I am willing to close the window located on wall B if necessary to put in stove + range hood there. I do not want to close window on wall A.

I do not want to touch the load bearing wall.

Either on wall B or C, near the DR, I would like to have a small butler's pantry to keep my wine and hard liquor (plus glasses). If it cannot be done, I can build such cabinet inside the LR (wall C, LR side).

Something I REALLY would like to have in the new kitchen is a small breakfast area - not to sit down, but where I can keep my Keurig, Nespresso, coffee pods, sugar, demi cups, mugs. We drink a LOT of coffee in this house and we are always accessing this area throughout the day.

So, if you could help me with ideas for the appliances placement and also how big to make the walk in pantry and where to put a door somewhere connecting the foyer to the kitchen, or the hallway to the kitchen or the LR to the kitchen, it would be fantastic and I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Comments (9)