SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susshakeri

Please help me with my kitchen layout. Any suggestions welcome!

susshakeri
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get some feedback on my kitchen design. I've been waiting for 15 years to remodel our kitchen, so I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. We are actually relocating our kitchen, so I have flexibility to move plumbing and electrical wherever needed. The door between the refrigerator and range is the door to the laundry room/ 1/2 ba and garage, so I can't move it. That laundry room is our main thoroughfare all day long. We enter and exit through the garage mainly and not the front door. My ceilings are 8ft. I can change the size of the island. I have never had one before so any size will be an improvement to what I have now. The design shows 6 feet, but I originally had 66". I also included a prep sink as I feel as though I will use it a lot. The area right behind where we think we might relocate the tv in the living room, , there will be a floor to ceiling 18" pantry. ( the pantry is a little over 6 ft wide). I plan to have a beverage bar to the right of the 28" load bearing wall to the right of my main sink. This beverage bar will house all my teacups, plug in tea kettle and coffeemaker, teas, and placemats, etc as it will be close to the dining table. I plan to have a steam combi oven and a range...I'm not sure I'll be using the oven in the range, but I think I should have one for resale value. ( although we don't plan to sell anytime soon) I have 3 children, a 12 year old and twin 8 year olds. They are just getting into cooking and wanting to help more in the kitchen. They also are starving ALL the time (swim team), so they are always in the fridge. I'm hoping the new fridge location will allow them to get their snacks without getting in the way. Lastly, I don't have a piano in my kitchen, my designer pushed the wrong button. I do have a 66" desk I will be putting in there. The desk will be below a window. (More photos in comments)

Thank you so much for your help!

-Susanne

Comments (8)