SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onobed

Please help me with my kitchen layout

onobed
9 years ago

Hi,

I am struggling with my kitchen layout. I have two options that I am looking for input on. I have read all about the kitchen triangle, but I don't subscribe to that. I was thinking about what one does in the kitchen and tried two layouts based on this.

Option 1 is optimized for cooking - the refrigerator is close to both the pantry and range. However, to make clean up easy, I put wall cabinets above the dishwasher. I just don't like the way it looks.

Option 2 is, in my opinion optimized for clean up, and it moves the refrigerator closer to the main room so people don't have to disrupt the cooks to forage. Basically, after the food is cooked, dishes go to to right of the sink. Left overs go to the fridge, dirty dishes in the sink, then from sink to dishwasher, then dishwasher to storage.

I would love some advice on having the refrigerator far away from the range (ok, these are really first world problems, as far away is about 14 feet).

Thanks for any comments in advance. The first two photos are option 1. the second two photos are option 2.

Comments (10)