How to send photos not taken with cell phone

bostonoak

I have these important family photos I took years ago with a regular camera. These photos were taken way before people started using cell phones.

Today I went to a place that has one of those machines that enable you to scan something and email it to anyone you want. I emailed the photos to myself. I emailed one photo in each email. I had 11 photos so I sent out 11 emails .

My problem now is how can I place these photos into my iPhone 6S? I can view the photos on my iPhone by going to Mail then opening up the individual emails that each have a photo.

I want to send these photos to relatives by using WhatsApp, an app that I discovered recently and really love. When I've used WhatsApp in the past to send photos, the app easily directs me to my photos on my iPhone and lets me select what I want to send. However, the photos I scanned today are not with my other iPhone photos because I did not take them with my phone!

Is there a way to resolve this? Is there a way to include these photos with my other photos that are already on my iPhone? Or is there another way to do this?

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Richard (Vero Beach, Florida)

I'm not a phone person but this should work.

Tap and hold the photo you want to save. Then tap "Save Image".

Save    
mtvhike

I'm assuming our photos are on your computer, and it's a Windows computer. I think if you have the iCould app on your computer, you could copy your photos to iCloud, then access them on your phone. Another way, going the other way, is to plug your phone's USB charging cord to your computers USB port and navigate to the location on your phone, then, using Windows Explorer, copy your photos to your phone. I used to copy my photos from my phone to my computer that way, before I was using iCloud.

Save    
maddielee

Exactly what Richard said. using your iPhone open your emails. Tap and hold the photo and choose ”save image”. Your pictures will then be in your “Photos”. Put them in an album, if you choose.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life Pro Secrets for Taking Fantastic Travel Photos With Your Phone
When great design and family antics catch your eye, capture the memories with photos that tell a story
Full Story
Fun Houzz Houzz Call: Send in the Design Cats
Post your best photo of your cat at home, in the garden or with you in your studio. It could be published in a featured ideabook
Full Story
Organizing Why and How to Name Your Digital Photos
Learn about metadata and a naming approach that the professionals use for their own photos and those of clients
Full Story
From design through construction, we will provide a realistic budget, understand your vision while incorporating... Read More
We have been proudly serving the Washington, Maryland & Virginia areas for over 20 years. Our knowledgeable &... Read More