SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paughj

Small Master Bathroom - total re-do

paughj
4 years ago

Our master Bathroom is tiny - 4' x 7' with extra 6" where vanity is

• this is our 2nd bathroom re-do in 18 months so we did not fuss over every little detail - we went thru that on the first re-do
  • hired my own demolition/dry wall guy, plumber, tile guy and handyman/painter - used them all before on the first job, 2 were referred from the tile store, others are friends.
  • after lots of discussion, went with old-school wet bed shower floor since thats what my old school tile guy recommended - looks much nicer than a plain ole base. - but cost more, and adds time.
  • biggest hassle was juggling contractors....they don't want to wait so have to have plenty of buffer between their schedules and for various reasons entire job took about 5 weeks (with lots of down time)
  • did not buy high end stuff from ferguson's or Weinsteins - all home depot for Moen fixtures and accessories, all brushed nickel finish, all other items were 'better' quality items from Home Depot vs Amazon, etc so i can order online, pick it up at the store, then return it at the store if damaged.
  • tip - if the price drops within 90 days - home depot lets you get the reduced price so check your items 30 and 60 days out - 5 things i bought there were reduced - savings totaling $200,

Comment