SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_2754028

What order of tasks to re-do a small bathroom?

User
8 years ago

Hello, I have a small bathroom to re-do. Over the last few years, we've done 2 remodel jobs using general contractors, and we've done several small jobs using just 2 or 3 contractors at a time, and not using a general at all. For example, we re-did a TV cabinet a couple of months ago and I just hired my trusted cabinet-maker, electrician and painter to do the project without using a general.

Now, I have this small bathroom upstairs that I want to remodel, and I would prefer not to use a general contractor because I know and trust the contractors and want to hire just them: electrician, painter, plumber, tiler, cabinet-maker, stone-yard with good installers. What's missing is I don't know in what *order* to have people come do their part of the work. The job will entail remove and replace tile floor and tile tub/shower surround (keep tub), re-face vanity cabinet (keeping the base), remove and replace toilet, sink, faucets, showerhead, remove and replace lighting, paint ceiling, trim, and walls.

Can someone tell me how to schedule the trades? We will demo ourselves, or my painter told me he could send some of his guys to do that part. Are there issues of insurance: my painter is insured, also electrician and plumber; I'd have to check with the others to be sure. I already checked with my city, no permits required because we are not moving walls or changing from tub to walk-in shower.

Comments (11)