SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherigw_gw

MB 'update' has become 're-do' (pics)(Xpost to Bathrooms)

cherigw
13 years ago

I posted this in Bathrooms, but you all are so helpful and full of great ideas. . . and this is at least 50% decorating, I'm hoping you'll help!! This will be the first "update/re-do)in the bed/bath wing of the house, so there are no "pre-conceived colors" except that I would like to keep the existing floor tile.

My "later on" master bath "update" turned into "more" and "now" due to a leaking shower pan. My house is a 1964 ranch originally built with sort of a "french/english country" feel. My "update" plans were to replace the sink/fixtures and countertops, texture/paint walls, re-paint cabinets and frame the mirror, still sticking with the beige/cream/taupe color scheme. Bedroom hasn't been redone. . .now it will follow the bath.

The leaking shower pan added a complete shower gut/re-do/new shower fixtures (maybe a multi-head and in-out swing door). I'm afraid just replacing the shower pan and attempting to re-use the tile or match it would just look bad. I would like to keep the original floor tile and for a couple of reasons do not plan on pulling out the bulkhead or re-doing the ceiling (although it's not totally out of the question) the "big bath" for the other two bedrooms has a similar tile in white/brushed gold and the same bulkhead and that trim is all over the house (and I kind of like it. . .guess I'm a 60's kind of gal!!). So, I'm thinking just putting in 3 cans or pendants, probably cans. . .while they are beautiful, I don't like pendants in my bathroom. . tend to bang them into the mirror/wall). Will replace the large mirror with single mirrors over the lavatory and make-up area and add an electrical outlet in the space between them and change ceiling heater to a vent/heater. Probably replace the shutters (like the shutters, the inserts not so much and can't figure out how to get them out. . or how to put something in).

My biggest concern is the floor. . .do you think it's salvageable and do you think I can find something for the shower that will blend. I do want some accent tiles in the shower, maybe glass??

FWIW, I'm not a "blue" person. . .more soft greens, taupe, greys, red/burgandy/pink and yellows. Any thoughts on how much, what kind, and what color of lipstick I can put on this little piggy would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert