SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beesneeds

Your favorite non-cucumber pickle...

beesneeds
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

When I tell people I like to do pickling, they often ask me what kind of pickles I make. Around here it usually means what kind of cucumber or perhaps bean pickle.

My response is pretty much everything but cucumbers. I like Milwaukee pickles only for canned/jar pickles. And since I have never found a copycat recipe for that...

And we eat pickles at almost every meal. Lemony cauliflower or perhaps spicy brussels sprouts, asparagus or beets and more from the pantry... mushrooms and radishes, mixed veggies of various flavors and more from fridge pickles.

The other day I pulled out a mother bed of garlic, and had plenty for braiding, a bunch for eating now, and a heap of little pearl garlic that I love to pickle up.. this time around it was batches of Washington style wine, dilly, and pub mix for canned, and trying a ferment jar of red wine vinegar style. And a small jar of shoyu bulbis.

Another day was mixed veggies done up Mexican and Italian styles for the fridge- yet another was jars of diakon radish for the fridge.. before that it was asparagus time and some asparagus got canned up for the shelf.

So, what are some of your favorite non-cucumber pickles?

Comments (41)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County