SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beesneeds

How much rice can you get? lol shopping experience

beesneeds
4 years ago

So the other day at the store was a surprise stock up day for rice. I tend to stock several kinds of rice because, well, different rice for different stuff. But sometimes run out, and like good rice, so wait till I can restock.

Started out that slow cook wild rice ( most expensive stuff on the shelf, rarely on a good sale and I do love the stuff so it's a rare treat) and instant white rice (often on sale but had happened to run out) was on sale - so I picked some up. Couple poundish bags of brown and white basmati rice were on clearance- the ones that come in burlap tamperproof bags with zipper closures and handles- so now I've restocked my basmati and for the first time have brown, and got a couple cute free burlap purses, lol. And they had the 20 lb bags of Botan on clearance too- I got one, it's usually expensive around here. I left it on the bottom of my cart during checkout.

Ran into a couple cashier friends of mine as I was leaving and they saw the big ole 20 lb bag of Botan on the bottom of the cart and asked..

How much rice can you get? What do you do with 20 lbs of rice? Then were shocked to find I had another 10 lbs or so of other kinds of rice in the cart in the shopping bags and still more varieties at home! Neither were much of rice eaters in general. Let alone why different rices and so on.

I started explaining different rice for different things, how I store the bulk of bulk stuff.. and lol. Realized I probably had another 30 pounds-ish of rice at home of various kinds for various...

On the way home kind of had to giggle about it.. thought about how here in the cooking forum at least a few folks would completely understand and want to use several kinds of rice.

Comments (19)