SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christie_gilmore

Easy style for little living room/playroom?!

Christie Gilmore
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We threw together this small living area/ playroom after redoing our kitchen, but we want it to feel more polished. (We are looking for simple upgrades in the near term and will make it fancier later - our kitchen renovation cost many times as much as we were planning!) but how can we make it more functional and stylish? i feel like it needs another armchair but where? The patio door and garage door increases the complexith/ flow through room. Plus it backs up to our kitchen breakfast seating area.

goal to give kids floor space to play, and adult or two a place to sit and read stories with the kids, or just zone out and stare at the wall.

Im thinking of a desk or shelf combo thing where the kids can look at the computer, store toys. But where? against garage door wall? Can’t afford custom shelving right now but that would be cool.

i was thinking giant art behind a long couch too - but right now the wall tapestry I bought is sitting behind the couch. Husband doesn’t like the mountain pic I found.

and the bay window...is there anything cute we can do there? put chairs in front? But don’t want to totally block view.

any help styling this playroom/hangout space

simply would be super appreciated!!

thanks!!!

Comments (2)