SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lauren0319

Playroom help for 2 sweet little girls :) PICS

lauren0319
12 years ago

It's time to turn our "loft" into a playroom for our 2 1/2 year old daughter and baby girl #2 (due Sept. 2.) So still fairly young. My daughter is as girly as they come and loves all things "baby." I really want to make this small space a special space for her... maybe somewhere where she can really play without her baby sister.

Looking into the playroom from the halllway. (painting in progress.)

The room is 16 x 20. So not huge.

I have already sold the iron coffee table on CL and a wooden KidKraft table with two chairs will be coming the end of this week. I am thinking I will put it in the center of the room.

I would like to keep the "love seat" as a space for me to sit while she plays.

I am very torn on the TV. My daughter doesn't watch even 1 second of TV. I sometimes watch the news while she's playing... and my MIL watches TV upstairs when she visits 3x/year. BUT it's taking up valuable space. When my girls are older, I plan on getting a flat screen mounted on the wall... but we're not there yet... so do I keep it? I see myself watching TV, nursing baby girl#2, while big sister plays... maybe.

The built-in stays... I thought about painting it but I think we're going to leave it as is. GREAT storage! I want to get little baskets to help keep my daughter's toys organized.

Questions-

We are in the process of painting the upstairs hallways a neutral beige. (I have another post going on that ;) I am VERY anxious to get rid of the maroon. (former home owner was a TX Aggie) The playroom is visible from the hallway and has a chair-rail. I was thinking we would continue the beige along the top portion of the chair rail and do something different below. I would like to do something fun, maybe a light green? Or should I just keep it neutral and do a beige 2 shades darker?

Art above the sofa. Maps need to go- something whimsical, girly, and maybe even educational in their place. Any suggestions?

Window treatments- MIL sews... I'm thinking of having her make simple valances for the windows. No clue on fabric.

Rug- I kind of want to get something fun and pink (cheap- maybe from overstock) but it needs to coordinate w/ the sofa... and I'm not sure how "necessary" that is.

Basically, I just want to make this room cute and functional for my little girls. I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks so much!!!

Comments (29)