SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Little basement/playroom facelift

Sueb20
15 years ago

Our basement has been finished for years and the kids have had full control of the space for playing, arts and crafts, video games, etc. We had a TV down there, and our only other TV was in our smallish living room. So we have a small TV in the living room but kept wishing we could have a larger TV for baseball games and movies. So... one thing led to another and a big-TV purchase for the basement turned into a decorating job. I don't have "before" pics but the furniture was arranged differently before and the whole room was basically a dumping ground for toys. Now that my two oldest are teenagers and my youngest is 8, we were able to purge a lot of old toys and everyone now understands that Mom is going to be more strict about cleanup of the "new" room.

Here is the TV-area pic. The TV and stand are new. The coffee table is a kids' table from PB Kids with the legs cut shorter. Got the Ikea chair from CL, and the big square floor cushions from Crate & Barrel. The back cushions on the sofa were nasty, so I tossed them and replaced them with 3 king pillows in new shams from Target.

From a different angle:

On the other side of the room, I covered our art table (which is a million years old, first kitchen table DH and I had) with a cloth that matches the floor cushions (it's supposed to be a picnic blanket). The square thing on the wall, which is hard to see, is a set of 4 FLOR tiles which work great as a bulletin board. The art-supply cabinet is the old TV armoire. Removed the doors and added curtains from Target.

We had these shelves before, but now most of the toys actually fit on them, with some tossing and re-organizing.

It's not exactly ready for House Beautiful, but it's a huge improvement!

Comments (7)