SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davidleroy1970

Dining and entry lighting for low ceilings! Modern contemporary

Angela E
5 years ago

We are doing a complete overhaul of our living room. Its current state is construction zone.
My new vision is modern contemporary Scandinavian- call me schizophrenic? We have a 60in linear fireplace tiled black. Kitchen is going to consist of flat frameless high gloss white cabinets and a large island with waterfall edge on both sides. Recess lights everywhere. No pendants over island. But now the final decision is to pick my dining light over our 8ft live edge wood dining table. And the entry way light in our split level entry area above the door.
We will have light wood floor, new white shaker doors with black handles, new exterior front and back doors, new black horizontal modern stair railing.
So im trying to tie the black in and I Just really love these entry and dining lights but Its a big decision so I need you guys to help me and tell me you think these fixtures (particularly the dining light) will work with my space and my low 90in tall ceilings.
In the photos the unfinished area farthest from the front door is the kitchen and the pony wall is the island area. The blue taped off rectangle on the floor between the island and the fireplace is the dining table.

Are these fixtures too ‘out there’? I second guess myself all the time especially since I don’t have a designer to help me.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio