SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maryann_goldstein

help for disappointing new build condo kitchen range selections

We are about to sign contracts on a unit in a new condo build and have learned that the standard range selection for the unit will be an all gas 36 Wolf range (GR366). Our unit type specifies a single range rather than a range-top and wall ovens. An 'allowable' upgrade apparently will be something from Gaggenau or La Cornufe (not sure if this is the Albertine or 110). I had my heart set on a dual-oven Lacanche but they are not guaranteeing that I can buy what I want and have them put it in.

Another issue is MUA for a higher BTU range and code in MN, where a ventilation hood with over 400CFM's has to have MUA---though I'm confused as to how one could put in the 36 inch Wolf range (with total BTU's of over 100,000) with a 300 CFM Vent a Hood liner which is what they have specified to go with it when Wolf recommends 900 CFM's!

I'm waiting to find out if the builder will allow me to pick another range with BTU's equal or less than the standard Wolf 36 gas range but am also worried about ventilation for a dual oven range.

I'm a serious cook and the range is important to me.

So, my questions are:

1) If you HAD to choose between the Wolf 36 gas and a Cornufe model (haven't found a Gaggenau range) which would you choose?

2) If I have to choose a 36 inch gas range (of any other make which would work with a less than 400 cfm hood, what would you choose?).

3) If I could find space for a second wall oven what would you choose? A combi steam-convection? And which brand?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice or thoughts. Other than this particular issue, the building and unit are perfect for us, so not sure it makes sense to ditch it because I won't have a range (and kitchen) that I want. But I'm pretty bummed.

Comments (30)