SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maegan_crandall

can boho mix with modern?

Maegan Coolbaugh
5 years ago

So we bought a Brady bunch house and while I believe we need to remodel with the house style in mind, I have a dilemma. I do love modern styling - which I think would work to remodel our split-level 70s house - I love a good boho vibe. (Think Anthropologie) I also love vintage (I sell it!) and have a few pieces that I don't know how or if I can incorporate into the design.

I'll just give an example with this black mirror. We need to remodel the downstairs small bathroom which currently consists of an obscene amount of tiny blue square tile and seashell blue sink with dark brown cabinets. I have this black mirror that is probably turn of the century and floral and it's great... but not modern. Can I use a boho type wallpaper behind it as a feature in the bathroom and focal point? It would be the wall behind the sink and it would be the mirror over the sink. The brass lights on the side I just think are pretty and would look interesting. Can I mix modern with this kind of style in this kind of house? I'm lost but I do know what I tend to love - I just don't know if I can incorporate it. I know it's my house and I can do whatever I please, but I don't want to waste money and be unsure. Any thoughts? Thank you! Wish I could hire a designer!

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Comments (26)