SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

St. Patrick's Day-Show Me Yours

annie1992
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Amanda and Dave came over with the kids for dinner, so I dragged out the Irish Coffee cups, although it was just coffee. And since Houzz won't let me post a picture in an original post, I'll continue in the next post...

Well, maybe not, as I can't post any pictures in the original post OR in follow ups. I'll keep trying, but we had corned beef, cabbage, scalloped potatoes and pureed butternut squash, the white/green/orange of the Irish flag. I added cheese buns, made with Dubliner cheese and a cross cut in the top "so the leprechauns can get out". Chloe's horseradish sauce, some home canned green beans and home canned peaches for more green, white and orange, just in case, LOL. For dessert, sugar cookies, frosted green and sprinkled with white coarse sugar. The gluten free sugar cookies were frosted white, with green sugar, so we could tell them apart.

Amanda made sure everyone wore their green to keep from getting pinched, and she made shamrock cookies yesterday. The Princess just smiled and shook her head and said we were both just "so extra", LOL, but she ate the cookies anyway.

In return for her attitude, I beat her at a game of Scrabble. Again. (grin) And so we had a nice day with family, just as it should be.

I was hoping to show you mine, maybe you can show me yours.

Annie

Comments (25)