SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dining_delight

St. Patrick's Day Table

dining_delight
16 years ago

I think I am done my St. Pat's Day Table and am posting some pics (hopefully!) I have only done a table as I don't have that many decorations to spread over my house. Need to start collecting more - would LOVE to get some of those shamrock or cabbage plates that some of you have.

I have used mostly items I already owned as far as the dishes, etc and bought most of the leprechauns, etc at the local Dollar Store or drug store. To me, they were a good deal as they were marked down to half price from last year.

Unfortunately, I took only a couple pics in the daylight and more at night (because I thought the candles would show up better) so some pics are a little on the dark side.

I am hoping to have a few people over for dinner this wknd to "try out" the table. No idea what I will cook though...that is not the fun part for me!

D.D.

Comments (27)

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

What a beautiful table, DD. WOW. I'm "green" with envy, LOL. Those little leprechauns are darling!!
    Would you mind if I put some of these photos in the Inspiration Album so they will be saved for folks here?

I was in "Twenty" Dollar Tree today. You can guess how much I spent again, LOL. I only stopped in for two candles, sigh.
    They have some really neat Easter-y candles. Doubt they have much scent but sure pretty designs. And they had the cutest little fairies, each is in a box and in several colors. I got a green one and a lavender one. Yes my PINK Pals, they had them in pink too. They are very tiny but would look cute on the stacked plates, hopefully. I also got silk flowers.

hugs, Karen

• dining_delight
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Karen, thanks. I would be honoured to have some pics put in the Inspiration Album! You are so wonderful to keep that for us - I have perused it often.

Were the Easter-y candles you saw, in the shape of eggs? We have some like that in our Dollar Store which are really cute...so far I've resisted. Don't think they have the fairies though, they sound cute and a good idea for stacked plates. I don't have a set of those yet but have admired the many pics of them many of you have done.
    DD

• Related Discussions

St. Patrick's Day tablesetting

Q

Comments (17)
    Perfection! I never tire of your beautiful tablesettings! Wherever did you find the "clover" dishes? Thank you for posting the link to the little butter plates. What a great price! I don't have the energy to get beyond the tablesettings in my head. LOL. My photo skills are seriously lacking! One of these days I'll get some photos taken and post. Until then I will live vicariously through your beautiful tables. Thanks again for sharing your beautiful tables. Delph
    ...See More

2nd St, Patrick's Table

Q

Comments (7)
    Nana, love your table and all your food sounds wonderful. I'm lovin' your shamrock dishes. The lace tablecloth with the green under it looks so elegant. Pretty fancy green w/gold glasses. The creamer and sugar bowl were a nice gift! All the different greens look so nice together. Cute plants and flags you picked up for your table. I spent the afternoon doing the girls hair for prom. They were so pretty and very grateful. It snowed all day so I didn't go to the parade. I cooked a pork roast and baked potatoes and made a green angel food cake. Nothing fancy for us today.LOL Neighbors came over tonight and visited for a few hours and that ended our day. So glad you shared this table. Punk
    ...See More

St. Patrick's Day Table

Q

Comments (7)
    Oh boy, I guess you did have fun & it certainly shows, nana! Your St. Paddy's Day t'scape is dancing a jig!!! Your stacked placesettings have so many pretty dishes & go so well tog for this holiday...love the Ivy & gold, the shamrock edgings & those swirly DT dinner plates! And topped with those green sherbets...perfect! Love your 'little people' & that teapot makes a wonderful centerpc for St. Paddy's Day! Your 1st pic make me realize I had my knife facing the wrong way in my Rooster Spring t'scape! Ahhh, darn... I learned from something Kathleen said in one of her 'scapes! The linens you chose work so well...the white bkgrd & the table runners & very pretty napkins w/top hats! Well, the Leprechauns must be dancing away at your home! Love it all! TFS! Jeanne S.
    ...See More

St Patricks Day Table

Q

Comments (12)
    OA: The shamrocks are made of flat foam and glitter. No, not part of the plate -just something I plopped on there for color. I'm hoping to combat the cat by them being flat. It has worked so far.....lol
    ...See More
  • Purplemoon
    16 years ago

Just put you in the album, DD. No I didn't see egg shaped candles, just the fat pillar ones in Easter colors.
    Luvs,those little fairies were up front on a round stand with some other decor, i almost missed them in fact.

hugs, Karen

• prosperity66
    16 years ago

DD, your table is beautiful!

It gives me a warmth sensation and it's sensational ;-)

Love your Saint Pat's items... Just received some yesterday too, they came from Arizona. I started to add them on my dining room table and they perfectly fit a small plant I had that wasn't looking good... Now, it's different.

I'll post some pics as soon as I'll go to Brico to buy some snails.

May I post your pictures on my Holidays blog? I'm thinking of adding good - I mean VERY GOOD content on it with some of the AMAZING pictures I can see here.

BTW, Karen, did you received my email? (coming from my "withoutyou" nickname at skynet)?

• snolady
    16 years ago

Gorgeous! Now I know what to look for on clearance next Christmas. A beautiful dark green tablecloth and some gold accents. Thanks for sharing.

• jaybird
    16 years ago

I'll bet St. Pat is smiling from ear to ear!! What a beautiful table!! Thanks for posting AND causing me to make a trip to Dollar Tree Miss Karen!! I will explain to my DH that it is all Purplemoon's fault!!! I can see the expression on his face already ;^)

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

Jay, just don't tell your DH that its really TWENTY Dollar Tree.
    Prosp, no I didn't get any email from you. I've been so anxious to know if the box of "goodies" made it across the ocean ok. I was in Michaels, to pick up some ST Pat stuff myself and found myself thinking of you and wishing you had a Michaels there. Next thing I knew I was having a blast with Valentine stuff left still, ST Pat, and a bit of Easter. LOL.
    Have fun decorating and I can't wait to see pictures!
    And have to ask, what the heck are you buying Snails for?
    hugs, Karen

• judithva
    16 years ago

DD, beautiful table, and so cute with the little leprechauns centerpiece! I never do a St. Pats table, so I really appreciate yours and everyone elses efforts for the the occasion!

• dining_delight
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Prosperity, snolady,jaybird and Judith - thanks for your compliments. This is the first time I have done a St. Pat's Day table at home. Last year, I just decorated the staff coffee room table at the office (which I do quite often)with St. Pat's stuff.

Prosperity, please feel free to use any of my photos on your Holiday blog. Have you posted a link on here that we can look at it too? And yes, why do you need snails?

Karen, thanks for adding my pics to the Inspiration Album - I'm honoured.

DD

• bettyd_z7_va
    16 years ago

DD, How grand! The little pots of gold are precious! And the white linen in the center of the table and in the china cabinet has to be "Irish Lace" right? How beautiful it is.
    I saw some china at Super Ten store here that had a gold rim on it and picked it up to put in my basket. It was a great price. Then I changed my mind and put it back. Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! After seeing your beautiful table with yours, I'll just sit here and cry a while 'cause I didn't buy that set!!
    I do believe I have an errand to run tomorrow. Hmmm, yes I will think of something I need to do out town and will just happen to park in front of that store and wander in.
    I just hope it is still there!
    Betty

PS Prosp, how do you cook your snails? I had them on a cruise once and they weren't bad. I would love to try to cook some for my family. I can just see their faces!!!!!

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

DD, with your lovely table decor, I think I am the one who's honored to have you take part in "our" Holiday Inspiration album. Its so neat we can share things on here. I read a very nice thing last week....
    "Ideas aren't something you own, they are something you share". I instantly thought of everyone here when I read that.
    hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Sorry I'm so late getting to look at your post--too many appointments and other stuff happening I guess.

Your table looks really nice DD, love the green and gold together. I really like how you put the candles at each place too. Good job. ;o)

Prosperity--are the snails for eating????? So glad Karen thought to send you some St. Pat and Easter decor--what a great idea! Karen is such a sweetheart. Way to go Karen. ;o)

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

Betty, did you get back and get those dishes you wanted?
    I hope so, they sounded pretty. I've not heard of a Super Ten store, what all do they sell?

(awww Luvs, thanks. You know the thing about "pay it forward" I'm sure....)
    hugs, Karen

• dining_delight
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Betty, Karen & Luvs, thanks so much for your kind comments.

Karen - love that quote, so true!

Betty, I love the look of lace tea squares/cloths and have a hard time resisting putting them on all my tables. Thanks for the idea to call it "Irish lace", that give me a great excuse! LOL. I SO KNOW the feeling of having things in your shopping basket and then putting them back only to regret it later...happens to me all the time. And then going back to find them later is usually disappointing when they are all gone. Did you make it back to the Super Ten to see if they had those dishes?

Luvs, I am crazy about candles and the more I can get on a table the better. It was my addiction to candles through the Partylite company (do you have those home parties in the States?) which my aunt used to sell that led me to my love of table decor.

DD

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

DD, yes, we have Partylite parties here too, I have some of their items. One of my tellers at the bank used to sell them so I went to some of her parties. They are very nice and smell so good. Luvs

• prosperity66
    16 years ago

I'm so confused... Hahahahahahahahaha ;-)))

These last few days I have a song that runs through my head: El Condor Pasa... that I learned at school.

I can't stop to sing it and I confused "nail" with "snail"...

"I'd rather be a hammer than a nail..."

With

"I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail..."

Yes Luvs, Karen is a sweetheart. I can't thank her enough for the pleasure she gave me!

Betty, I never cook snails: I buy them ready-made... I could not cook them... It's so ugly when it's alive.

DD thanks a lot to let me use your pics on my blog. I'll work on it tomorrow, if I have the time or Wednesday... However, it has to be before March 17th ;-)

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog :)

• dining_delight
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Luvs, I still insist on buying the Partylite votives as I find them some of the best but find the holders/accessories too expensive now and can usually find similar items elsewhere for much cheaper.

Posperity, I really enjoyed your blog. It is a different style one with all the holiday information, etc.- very interesting and amusing! That is so funny about the mix up with "snails" and "nails" - I really like that song as well.
    DD

• prosperity66
    16 years ago

DD, thank you for your kind comment :-)

To be honest, I am an Internet marketer and, one day, while enjoying the holiday season, I decided to focus my marketing on holidays. So, after having created my first holiday site (Christmas related) and then the second, third and fourth ones (Valentines, Easter and Halloween) and, following the "gurus" instructions, I created that blog in order to drive traffic to these sites.

But one day, some times after Halloween 2007, I ended up in THIS forum and left the holiday marketer I was somewhere on the Web...

So, from a promotion blog my blog became a real holidays related blog and not only dedicated to my site updates.
    I thus spend a lot of time reading the posts, clicking the links, visiting your blogs and the blogs you and all of our friends mention - even if I don't add a lot of comments, I read every post ;-)

Well, I still work as an Internet marketer but I enjoy a thousand times more being here reading and watching your pictures than working my online businesses (history, weight loss and tarot cards reading) ;-)))

Fortunately, I have my job at school to pay the bills, lol.

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

My goodness, Dominique, you are one BUSY lady and quite ambitious it seems. WOW.

hugs, Karen

• dining_delight
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Prosperity, you must have been on the computer a lot with all of your online businesses! And even though it is time consuming as well, I agree it is so much fun looking at everything on this forum. It is a good thing to have a "regular" job to pay the bills so we can buy more dishes and decorations!
    DD

• prosperity66
    16 years ago

Oooooooooooh yes, I am on my computer from 7 AM till 2 PM each and every day and then when I get back from work one hour and before going to bed, an hour too.

Until early December, I worked on my sites but now, I spend many hours here, lol. Well, I don't let my customers down: I send them my newsletter every Sunday.

But I didn't post any article for Tarot since one month - will probably do it later today since I'll post your Saint Patrick pictures on the holiday blog... As for weight loss, I've a long article to write on my lap banding experience but, hum... waits since three months now ;-)

And my "happy hour" of the day is to look at everything here.

Karen, my dearest wish would be able to work at home to be near my son when he needs me and for my grandchildren, when I'll have some.

My family (well, my son since I am a single parent) is important to me. Some countries help moms to work close to their family unfortunately, my country doesn't understand it and does nothing.

So, I decided to help myself ;-)

• thrift_shop_romantic
    16 years ago

How bright and festive is that table?! The green is marvelous and I want to tweak your little leprechauns, which would probably be wholly inappropriate (no pot of gold for me after THAT breach of etiquette). But still. :) What a nice job!

--Jenn

• dining_delight
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Jenn. It is funny you say you want to "tweak" the leprechauns because when you do squeeze them, they really do play "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" so they probably WOULD bring you a pot o' gold!

Prosperity, I think I would go crazy to spend that much time on the computer. I have to do some time on it at work and then just have "fun time" on it at home. But it is good you do what you have to in order to be at home with your son.

Prosp,I just went to your Blog and see that you have posted our St. Pat's pics along with interesting facts about the celebration of it. It looks great and I learned a few things too. I'm honoured to have my table setting on there!

DD

• marylmi
    16 years ago

DD, great job. Such a pretty table with the gold and green and all of the St. Pat's decorations. Looks very nice!!

• dining_delight
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks so much Mary. It was fun to do.

I did have a St. Pat's dinner party on Sat evening with 7 of us "trying out" the table. I added fresh yellow tulips to each placesetting for a spring-y look. I had only decided that day to do the dinner so my menu wasn't very "Irish" but a few things were "green" LOL! Now that I really look at the menu - it was more of a multicultural event with some Mexican and German dishes! I served Cream of Broccoli & Cheddar soup to start, a tossed salad as the next course, then Spicy Parmesan Chicken, BBQ'ed salmon & prawns (DH loves to BBQ), Potato Romanoff, Cauliflower, Corn and a Quick Black Forest Cake for dessert. Sorry, didn't take pictures of the food but I know it would not have looked as appetizing as Kathleen's food anyway.
    DD

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

Well DD, I have to say I'm very grateful you didn't take a photo of the Parmesian Chicken and Black Forest Cake. LOL.
    Kathleen does me in often enough without your help!!
    And just your description has my mouth watering.

hugs, Karen

• prosperity66
    16 years ago

You're welcome, DD and I am honoured to have such beautiful pictures on my blogs as well as on my sites (I did it for Christmas and wasn't unable to choose a small amount of pictures to add on the site, so, I created several pages with the breathtaking pictures I found here).

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County
More Discussions