SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weirdcatlady

Losing my mind. And my eggs?

MizLizzie
5 years ago

Life has been fractured here lately, too many emergencies, too many things going on. So I had a dozen eggs on to boil – – not super fresh eggs, but good ones, perfect for deviled eggs. I put them on to boil, then somebody rang the doorbell. The doorbell led to a small emergency in the front yard. Long story. Anyway, I came in to find the eggs boiling over. I turned off the heat, put on the lid, and set them aside for 30 minutes as I always do for perfect hard-boiled eggs. Another emergency sprang up (we are moving house) and I let the eggs sit for two hours in warm water.

Just now I started to peel the first one, and the peeling did not want to come off. The egg broke in half, and the yoke fell out, pretty much raw. I assume the rest of the dozen will look the same. I’m not sure what I did. We don’t throw out food here without good cause, but I don’t think there is any hope for these, is there? We do not eat soft boiled eggs, even if these were safe to eat after having sat in tepid water for two hours. And I don’t think you can put eggs back on to finish boiling? If I’m wrong, someone please let me know. I really do hate to throw these out.

Comments (7)