SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wilhaines

Kentucky Bluegrass Questions - Central Indiana

5 years ago

I thought I had posted this, but I guess not. Anyway, I have new KBG growing well with a few exceptions. I have about 50 sq.ft. of area (4-5 areas) in a 12,000 sq. ft. project where the KBG is not taking hold as well as I would have liked. It's October, so my question is; if I want to seed these areas again, should I do it now or wait until spring. I still can't mow because the new grass is still not 3" tall, on average. More like 2. I'm hoping it will continue to grow to the 3" level before frost. Also, I will mow with a walk-behind rather than a zero turn. You have to really be careful with zero turn mowers to ensure that you don't put divots in the lawn when turning. In new grass, I think that would be an issue regardless of careful turning. That has always been my primary issue with zero turn mowers. Mine is a Hustler commercial. At any rate, if I add more seed, I can skip mowing in these areas. I have a sprinkler system so getting water to the areas is not a problem. Thanks, once again, for your replies.

Comments (3)