SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bgzone

How much wallpaper is too much?

B U
5 years ago

Wallpaper: straight across pattern match, repeat 27" x 36". Rolls are 27" x 15'. Rolls come in double (30') or triples (45') rolls. Hand screened and untrimmed, but will arrive3 pre-trimmed.

Room to be wallpapered with the same covering includes a foyer approximately 12' x 18' with 8' to the head rail and a hallway approximately 10' x 5' with a 7.5' ceiling.

(All measurements are rounded up a few inches and often include the trim).

The foyer (12' x 18') includes 1 curved stairwell, 2 closets (4'x7.5'), a double front door entry with glass panels on either side (9.5'x7.5') and 2 openings (7.5'x7.5') to the DR and LR.

The hallway (10' x 5') includes 3 doorways (3.5' x 7.5', 3.5' x 7.5' and 3' x 7.5') and 1 entry to the den

(5' x 7.5'). Practically every wall is chopped up with a door or opening, except for 7 areas where an installer would be able to cut an 8' or 9' panel.

I ordered 15 rolls after 3 installers estimates of (1 @) 12 rolls or (2 @) 15 rolls, unfortunately none of them are available until December. My last bid came in with an estimate of 18 rolls. CRAZY!!!!

This is a huge investment which has taken 9 months to finalize. I don't want to spend more money and waste more time than I already have.

Three more rolls just seems like too much! And he wants to re-prime bc he doesn't like what's on the walls.

Can anyone help?

Comments (3)