SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gthigpen

Am I on the right track?

gthigpen
5 years ago

Hello! I asked yesterday about the appropriate color for an armchair in my family room to coordinate with BM Classic Gray wall, dark brown leather sectional and a rug with gold, rust, and blue muted tones. The pic of the rug from the internet shows it with a blue chair and that seemed to be the consensus on the color that would work best. The rest of the room is a blank space. No art hung yet and no draperies/curtains.

So I found a chair that I like both style wise, price wise and it seems to be the right color. I've put together all the existing pieces in the room (couch and console table aren't the exact ones I have, but they are pretty close. Our console table is a floating cabinet in oiled walnut with slab doors. We also have a sideboard that connects the family room to the dining area that is in teak.

So my questions are:

1) Will the blue chair that I picked work? In color, scale, style, size, etc? This is a family room where we lounge and watch TV so I don't need formal and stiff.

2) What kind of end tables should I get? Wood? Metal? Glass? Other? Floors are medium stained white oak, I've got the large dark brown sectional and the walnut and teak tables. Do I stick with wood for end tables are go for something lighter/airier?

3) Does this layout work? Round circles are supposed to indicate where my end tables would go. Not drawn completely to scale but close enough to show the space. I'm showing the end tables as round, but square would work too.

Comment (1)