SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancy_nickoley

Am I on the right track color-wise?

nancy_nickoley
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I'm sorry if this post comes up twice. I tried to edit my original one but get "page requested not found" so posting again. We are doing a huge update and basically starting from scratch with flooring, paint, hard surfaces. Here's a picture on a white background of what I'm looking at. My flooring will be stained on site at the end of the work but I had a sample done to give me an idea (this one is white oak with a provincial stain - medium brown). Soapstone for the kitchen perimeter is PA so nearly black and for the island a marble that is more white (venitino) not the blue/gray carrara. My lighting is all being changed to recessed.

So really starting from scratch and wanting it classic and neutral so I can go in lots of directions in choosing new furniture and other items after the work is all done. I want my cabinets, trim, doors and shutters all one color - looking at SW Extra White to keep clean so it will work with most anything. I'm updating honey oak cabinets/trim/doors to painted (hoping extra white isn't going to shock my system LOL). I think the SW Alabaster would give the walls some warmth but still be fresh (current walls are that goldy-beige). My contractor uses Sherwin Williams so I'll being using that and don't want to try and color match from BM or others. I want to be able to bring in warm accents through rugs etc and have some pictures I love that are deeper/muted which I think will give a nice contrast and I love a mixed look with new/old. Most of the pictures I see of rooms with Alabaster use lots of light furnishings and woods thus needing to know if these color choices will give me the freshness with some warmth and allow me lots of flexibility with decorating in a classic and timeless look with a mix of light and warm richness mixing old/new. Thanks!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz