SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grlwprls

Am I on the right track?

grlwprls
13 years ago

My daughter, 10 going on 11 going on 21, wants a "funky, cute, comfortable room." Okay. She also wants bright colors (what?!) and her room is completely visible from the living room so storage/organization is paramount to a happy mother. Ya'll were so helpful with the hallway rug issue...

She spotted this pouf in my VivaTerra catalog and fell in love with it:

And then I spotted this quilt at Pottery Barn Teen:

The colors seem more muted in the "folded" image, but...

Then we already have a red(ish...muted) dresser in there (IKEA HEMNES) and an IKEA "iron" bed that would be moving from the guest room to her room and getting a new paint job - Martha Stewart's Lagoon mixed in oil (?) in another paint brand. I say ? about the oil because the current color is oil based so I assume I am stuck sticking with oil...

I'd like to add these lamps by the bedside since she does a lot of reading:

but maybe with a different shade?

I still need to address storage. She's still in that "bulky" American Girl and Littlest Pet Shop age, but that won't last long. She has two closets in her room so she has plenty of clothing storage.

I'll probably put down a seagrass rug and then layer a wool rug beside the bed. She keeps storage boxes under the bed and they are scratching up the floor.

Do these items seem like they will create a funky colorful space? Funky and colorful are not my wheelhouse! My budget for this room is about $1000-$1500. And then I'd really like to move onto my master bedroom! :-) Somehow, we are always last!

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer