SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
armjim_gw

Front Load Door Not closed but machine ran anyway

armjim
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I wanted to share a story that I heard when I was on the East Coast a few weeks ago. I have friends who's brother-in-law owns a townhouse as an investment property in an area of Northern VA. Apparently this past Christmas (December 23 to be exact) a renter did the unthinkable-decided to do a load of laundry just before he left for work. Started the machine and left for the day-probably gone for 10 hours or longer. The door was not securely closed but the machine started anyway. Somehow water was coming out of the door-so the machine kept trying to fill to get up to the water level needed for the load. It basically ran for the entire day which resulted in over a $100K damage to the home. I don't want to name the manufacturer as I tried googling and could not find anything definitive. But I was told that it is known defect and that the insurance company is going after the manufacturer. I don't remember either of my FL washers ever spilling water out when I opened them, so I am left wondering how this could have happened.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio